BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

And I thought you couldn't get any bigger with those massive epic builds of yours. I was so wrong. You are insane, in an awesome creative way! I hope you can pull this beast off without offering your wallet to the dark gods!

Initial leg skeleton:

NEXT: Need to wait for my plasticard order to arrive and can then build up the lower leg pieces

you sir are insane to start a project like this!!!
    but i love it so will keep following it !

Daemon-Prince

Looks neat so far, Insane as hell to build but neat! I also do suggest leaving the piping inside....Great place to keep beer! (Just put somewhere to empty it on the bottom....)

Brother-Captain

Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Man, this is cool. Always wanted to do basically this using Cities of Death, but the torso always had me stumped - look forward to seeing this beast progress!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Whilst I wait some version 1 designs for the honour banners:

Chapter-Master

I'm sure it is a bit late now, but I can vouch for PVC piping skeletons being a good choice for keeping titan's upright! I did it for my warlord, who is way too big (soon to be upgraded to an Imperator) and stands at about the same height as your beast. I didn't use anywhere near as many GW bits as you are planning. I actually spent more on paint and glue than everything else in the model combined! However, mine is massively damaged and not so durable, so I think yours might just be a slightly better approach.

What I might suggest, once you have finalized the builging os some of these large hollow sections, would be to fill them with expanding builders foam. It's inexpensive, wont significantly add to the weight of the model and should stop bits/panels getting pushed in (not tomention giving you an extra surface to glue them back on to if they do somehow get prized off!)
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Hmm, haven't budgeted for paints, or thought about colours yet. Good luck with your upgrade by the way.

I'm in the rummage phase of the build which is one of my favourite parts, looking for:
    a) specific stuff I've saved (like some spare warhound titan leg shields to become kneecaps)
    b) random stuff that inspires (like the big eyeball in the head from a necron ghost ark I used in my mechanicus force)

Here's a very early shot of the head:

and some designs for the windows in the legs:

Picked up my plasticard so next on to the main bulk of the lower legs
    Last edited by isotope99; 10-22-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Chapter-Master

2nd from left might need a little redesign. It looks like a happy cloud
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast