BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Captain OP, im afraid what you have here is only warlord class.
    youre gonna have to think bigger if what you want is imperator..

as a fellow mechanicum enthusiast, you may need to expand your horizons or simply settle for miraculous might of the warlord class.
    happy building and well done so far.

Edit: felt like adding some constructive advice.

for your torso and other large forms needing bulk and support. i recommend a building material named Extruded polystyrene, aka blue polystyrene or pink polystyrene. is High density and wonderful for large shape making not at all like cutting and shaping a block of white compacted styrofoam balls.
    extruded polystyrene is a building material for houses and construction and available from many hardware places.
    Last edited by Lion'el; 10-22-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I'd personally vote against the rightmost image. A dragon just doesn't feel appropriately Imperium-y enough for me.

Awesome work on the faceplate! What poor plastic skeleton died for that? I actually think this is the first time I've seen someone use a plastic skull as part of a titan, rather than just for terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    I'd personally vote against the rightmost image. A dragon just doesn't feel appropriately Imperium-y enough for me.

Awesome work on the faceplate! What poor plastic skeleton died for that? I actually think this is the first time I've seen someone use a plastic skull as part of a titan, rather than just for terrain
    Yes, think I need to make it mechanical If I'm going to use it. I like the aquila in number 2 so I'm keeping that and will swap the mushroom cloud for something else.

Skull was £1 from the supermarket, cheapest component so far not counting bits I already have.

I have some of the blue insulation stuff wehat I don't have is the hot wire cutter. It can be cut with other things (used a bread knife before, but very unpleasant) but I've read that it;s best to use one.
    Last edited by isotope99; 10-22-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Gee, you have the coolest supermarkets!

Why not do a theme on the windows, i.e. similar, but different designs on each one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post

like to point out that although the dragon isnt "imperium-y" you should probably consider that the imperator titan is a warmachine of the machine cult and not the emperor. in fact the adeptus mechanicus of mars are only allied with the imperium and not necessarily a fragment of them. the emperor acknowledges them as a seperate belief and knows their presence is pure as they worship the machine spirit which is depicted as the "Dragon of Mars" (as written in the black library book 'Mechanicum' and is infact moreso appropriate to the banner design as all the others.

all i will argue is that the dragon as a stain glass window design doesn't work. the glass window representing the church like holyness of the impirium of man. while the cold metal sculptures and metalwork of the mechanicum best presents their symbol of the Dragon of mars

Trimmed and prepped the main walls of the feet/legs. I will add a door to the front but need to sort the angles first

Some isue getting the front panel to fit but future detailing should disguise it

Veteran-Sergeant

This is already looking nice. I love to see large scale scratchbuilds and I can tell this one's going to be a beaut

It's probably a bit late now you've started but check out GW Manchester's monster [url]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=162807633767138&set=pb.161741390540 429.-2207520000.1351211716&type=3&theater[/url] (or go to their FB page and scroll to the bottom of their photos).
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Brother-Captain

Looking good, mate. I'm curious to see where this will go.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

A bit mor building, first pass at the plasticard. There will be a second 'skin' including the cathedral windows (couldn't fit the whole panel on).

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast