BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Scarab questions

A couple of quick questions.

1) How many attacks does a scarab base get when it charges? 3+1 or 3+3? I am assuming they are 3+1, considering it is one base with multiple wounds.

2) When scarabs attack a vehicle, do they only inflict entropic strike (on a 4+) or do they roll for entropic strikes and then get their actual hits afterword?

Thanks
    Chili

Chapter-Master

1) It's a single model with multiple wounds. One base is one model. One bonus attack per model on the charge.

2) If it's answered, it's answered in the Necron FAQ on GW's website. I'm pretty sure they covered it there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left it ambiguous.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scarabs roll to inflict Entropic Strike, and then get their actual hits. See, e.g.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron FAQ p4
    Q: Do you roll to see if a hit with the Entropic Strike special rule reduces a vehicle’s armour before rolling for armour penetration? As all attacks at the same Initiative are simultaneous, does this mean that
    other models with the same Initiative will also roll to penetrate against the reduced armour value? (p29)
    A: Yes to both questions.

I wasn't sure how to take the FAQ on that. It could be read in regards to other models in the combat and not necessarily the scarabs themselves.

The point is, if you have Entropic Strike, you roll for Entropic Strike and then roll for armor penetration, in that sequence. That's true no matter which Entropic Strike models we're talking about. For scarabs this is initially pointless, as at S3 they cannot damage any non-ES'd vehicle, but it can theoretically become important later.

Chapter-Master

harp it up! Necrons can be Slaaneshi, too!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "