BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Furioso Librarian

Has anyone noticed that the Furioso Librarian gets a 'Force Weapon'?

This opens up modeling, and tactical, considerations! The model comes with what looks like a 'halberd', which would be considered an 'axe'. Str+1 (Str7) AP2, Unwieldy, Force.

However, that doesn't mean you couldn't model:
    a sword. str 6 AP3
    or a Staff... a really big staff... Str +2 (Str8) AP4, Concussive, Force

You do have the other arm as a Bloodfist, Str x2 (Str10) AP2, with storm bolter.

The nice thing about the staff is that you get to maintain very high strength, which is good for whacking other vehicles, if you lose the Bloodfist. The axe comes close, too, especially if you get furious charge. However, switching to I1 is not so great!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

It's looks pretty Halberd-y to me, and keep in mind that Walkers ignore Unwieldy, so I don't think anyone would ever go for a Sword :P

I think they might decide it's "Unusual" in a later FaQ, tho.

Don't forget that Unwieldy doesn't reduce walkers to I1. So while you can have a force sword, the force axe/halberd is strictly better. You might want to choose the staff, you might want to choose the axe, but a sword is just the wrong mechanical choice.

Chapter-Master

I vaguely remember that... I just can't remember where that is...
    oh yeah, under Unwieldy.

Well, I guess axe is the way to go.
    The staff isn't good if you don't take the negatives of the Axe. AP4 and one more point of strength is a no go.

Boooooorring.

Interestingly, the Furiouso Librarian got a buff from the new Force Weapon rules. Str 7 is just good enough to make everything cry. Get furious charge in there, and you'll make even wraithlords cry.

Remember Kids:
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?21435-Tynskel-s-Guide-to-Interpreting-Rules&p=194151&viewfull=1#post194151[/url]
    Last edited by Tynskel; 10-13-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Rev Tiberius Jackhammer:

Walkers ignore Unwieldy
    Where is this mentioned exactly? could you please point me the page?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Where is this mentioned exactly? could you please point me the page?
    p.43 in the USRs section, listed in Unwieldy; "A model attacking with this weapon does so at Initiative step 1, unless it is a Monstrous Creature or a Walker."

Hence Chaos players not exploding in internet-raeg when the 6th ed. Chaos 'dex gave dreads/defilers etc Power Fists instead of DCCWs.

I think this change in rules is meant to let them phase out Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons in favor of Power Fists. Speaking as someone who's made a couple of custom data-sheets, DCCW plays bloody hell with formatting :P

Thanks for that.. I dont know why i've missed it so comletely even when i've read the rule multiple times

No problem, the 6th's approach of "Throw every non-central mechanic in USRs" can get a bit confusing sometimes :P When a special rule solely applied to cumbersome melee weapons is immediately above a rule only applied to agile aircraft, eesh.

Chapter-Master

this is growing on me.
    I have been reminded a couple of times now: check the USRs!!!

They are your friends!