BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Necrons

Default Necrons

Well I tried a Egyptian style and it just would not work for me so I went with this. I know it has been done and done well. I hope you all like it. Please CC. I purchased a second air brush as the I only had a syphun feed. Its great for the large areas but cant get the detail right. I purchased a Iwata top feed and wow the difference is amazing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	3021

Sorry for the fuzzy photo

Chapter-Master

technique looks good from what I can see, interesting colour choice, I haven't seen purple necrons before, I look forward to seeing more
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Thank you! I really wanted to do bone crons but wow my skills were lacking there. Never thought painting bone on a large scale would be so difficult. I am having difficulty deciding on the rest of the troops though. I will upload the scarabs when I get them based. They are done in the same scheme. I really dont know what inspired the scheme I just saw an electric purple RC car and said well thats it I am running with this. I will take better pictures though.

Chapter-Master

yeah it is funny how certain schemes suit certain models. I did some deathwing terminators once that turned out incredibly well, so I applied the same scheme to my necrons, and it just didn't work at all. I switched to pure white instead and it was better, but still not quite right. The lack of material types on the necrons can make them a real challenge, everything is armour or metal pretty much.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm liking it, looks very "alien" and a great combo of colors. The blending of the blue to the purple is very clean, great work I can't wait to see more.

Wow, very disco.

Thanks for the great replys. No work done today was out playing some 40k! Will post some new pics later this week.

Chapter-Master

Is that a kit bash in your first picture?

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Is that a kit bash in your first picture?
    Looks like a stock unfinished Barge. The guns will make it an Annihilation Barge if he goes that route.

That said, I really like this as a very different take on the Necrons! Please post some more when you get a chance.

Chaplain

Necron Lord to Necron Lord I love this and would be honored to fight with you any day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast