BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Strength Above 10?

So I know that you can't be above strength 10, except D weapons. But someone is insisting that x2 to a strength 6 character makes them Strength 12. I'm just wondering where it says you can't be above strength 10. Anyone know? I won't let him play like that but I just wanted to know where to prove it to him. I couldn't find where it said it specifically.

Chaplain

page 2 says all characteristics exculding saves are based on a 0-10 scale but i cant find anything that says cant go over 10... yet

Librarian

you can have more then 10 attacks just not permanently.

Well, it says "Attacks and Wounds are the only characteristics that can be raised above 10" in the section discussing modifiers. So ... no, you cannot modify a characteristic, except for Attacks or Wounds, above ten. Doubling is modifying. S6x2 = S10.
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 10-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.

if you are talking about the Monsterous creature smash rule then it states str is doubled to a max of 10 right there in the rule.

Thanks, its in reference to a Daemon Prince getting a Murder Sword. I'll just find the section that covers modifiers and that looks like it covers it.