BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Also, has it really been that long since the Black Crusade campaign? That makes me feel old
    I know, right? It doesn't seem nearly that long ago. We are old. None of my new students at the university can remember a time when Kurt Cobain was alive.

As for Eldrad, I can't quite remember how he died but it was something pretty lame. Didn't he choke on a chicken bone while sitting on a toilet in the Men's Room of the Black Library or something stupid like that?
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 10-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    I also played in the Armageddon campaign, which was definitely run better than Eye of Terror. As a matter of fact, I was GW staff for both, and we had a huge amount of Armageddon support and special events in-store every few days, and Eye of Terror just sort of happened. We had very little to do with it in retail stores, other than a mega battle every other weekend.

The only thing that would make Eldrad's death not lame was if they include a Wraithseer in the Codex, and he is a special character Wraithseer...
    Bit hard considering his souls is a chew toy, or considering its slaanesh, something worse!

Got his sole destroyed trying to take back a blackstone fortress, underestimated the warping power of chaos and didn't realise the fortress itself was now a daemon engine...gobble gobble gobble.

Battle-Brother

There is a hint he's still around from his acolyte Cassandra; and if we've learnt one thing it is to never disbelieve Cassandra.

But he did something odd and split himself into several spirit-stones beforehand.

Global Campaign 3: The Search for Eldrad

We find him as a reincarnated child and have to protect him while his growth is accelerated...wait....sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    ... and Eye of Terror just sort of happened. We had very little to do with it in retail stores, other than a mega battle every other weekend.
    It was my impression at the time that they also gave us too little lead time between releasing the supplement and kicking off the campaign. It's great if you're taking an existing army, just go play. If you wanted to build (convert) a Lost and Damned army or 13th Company, it felt like way too little time.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    It was my impression at the time that they also gave us too little lead time between releasing the supplement and kicking off the campaign. It's great if you're taking an existing army, just go play. If you wanted to build (convert) a Lost and Damned army or 13th Company, it felt like way too little time.
    That's tricky. Back when GW was my life, I could crank a 1750 point army in about 3 weeks if I really focused on it, which I did when the Tau were released(actually, 1500 in 2 weeks, which was the lead time between boxed armies entering the US from customs and the actual release date). Now it takes me 1-3 years to paint 1000 points, between spending far more time per model, and having far less time to actually work on them.

The way that events were run for Eye of Terror in-store was escalation style. The first one everyone needed 1 squad. Then we had a tank battle or something like that. Then it was a force of a few hundred points, etc. That way people had time to build up the new armies if they wanted. The main thing was that the battles in store really had no effect outside the store that I knew of. People reported their own battles on the website.

For Armageddon, after each event, we reported the result to GW HQ, as well as anything remarkable that happened. Each country was a particular part of the battle zone (UK was Hades Hive, US was Hive Secundus, I think) and the effects of the big events in the store were used to determine the story and the events that followed.

Eldrad's death was kind of dumb, I feel like he should've seen that coming and/or been able to resist it, though I haven't actually thoroughly read that portion of fluff. He should've seen his death coming but have been forced to sacrifice himself for his Craftworld to survive or something like that, it seem more appropriate.

I haven't read all of the fluff in the new codex yet, does it actually change the events or just exist during a certain time period? It'd be fine if the codex just "takes place" before a previously covered event but I'm also okay with it changing a few things if it makes for a better story.

Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    Global Campaign 3: The Search for Eldrad

We find him as a reincarnated child and have to protect him while his growth is accelerated...wait....sounds familiar.
    I don't care what anyone else said, you won this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Eldrad's death was kind of dumb, I feel like he should've seen that coming and/or been able to resist it, though I haven't actually thoroughly read that portion of fluff. He should've seen his death coming but have been forced to sacrifice himself for his Craftworld to survive or something like that, it seem more appropriate.

I haven't read all of the fluff in the new codex yet, does it actually change the events or just exist during a certain time period? It'd be fine if the codex just "takes place" before a previously covered event but I'm also okay with it changing a few things if it makes for a better story.
    Seriously, it's like he wasn't seeing far at all.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    It is the former. It designates "now" (for lack of a better term) immediately before the Eye of Terror campaign. Which took place nine years ago.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast