BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Eldar Wraithseer - Deliverence Psychic Power

Hi there,
    In the Forgeworld Psychers Update, The Wraithseer has a power called Deliverance, that targets "a single friendly Wraithlord or Wraithguard within 6” of the Wraithseer." It goes on to say that "Whilst this power is in effect the target unit gains the Feel No Pain (4+) special rule." Would it be reasonable to assume that if an individual Wraithguard is targeted, his whole unit gets the Feel no Pain rule? Seems kind of silly, otherwise. Would characters joining the unit also get the rule? I would assume they would.

Thanks!

Librarian

I think it is a typo. The original entry in Imperial Armour 11 Wraither p185 states that you choose a single Wraithlord or Wraithguard SQUAD and the gain FnP.
    The FAQ probably intends to just include the 4

Chapter-Master

Squad or unit, it doesn't matter, it's clearly the entire Wraithguard unit, because it says unit. Believe it or not, sometimes the rules mean what they say.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Definitely the whole squad, and thanks for pointing out the clarification that it's FNP(4+), I've been playing it as 5+ due to the 6th ed change. That makes my Wraithstar even nastier. If you want to have some fun, take a 10 man Wraithguard unit with a Conceal Warlock (now it's a scoring unit!), add Baron Sathonyx for Hit and Run, Assault and Defensive grenades for the whole unit, and Stealth (4+ cover save out in the open), and Eldrad (heck, I add a 2nd Farseer for Divination powers). Just walk a Wraithseer behind the unit giving it FNP every turn and Eldrad casts Fortune (now Baron can tank with a re-rollable 2++) and Guide. The Baron is super awesome in this unit as he gives the whole unit Hit and Run so they won't get stuck in combat, gives them all both types of grenades, and has a Shadow Field. It's quite fun.

(now Baron can tank with a re-rollable 2++)
    What does give Baron his invulnerable save, wargear or usr?

Chapter-Master

Also fortune can't affect Dark Eldar units....thats in the FAQ
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

@Wildcard
    Baron has a Shadowfield, which gives him a 2+ invulnerable.

@Dr. Love
    The FAQ says Dark Eldar UNITS do not count for Eldar powers to be cast upon, it does not say the DE MODELS can not be affected by Eldar powers. Fortune and Guide can be cast on Eldar units, if a DE character is attached to an Eldar unit (at the beginning of the turn) he is affected by that power, as per the rules listed under the Independent Character rules.