BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default hello, need advice.

Long time poster, haven't been here in a few years, hello again. =)

Anyhoo, i have 10-12 tallarn rough riders, half still in the clamshell, and 6 RT rough riders.

These have gone up in value to the point that they are 1:1 death krieg rough riders value.

i'm thinking, do I need 15 RR's?
    at the least thats 2 slots of FA,i don't have any vendettas.

Should I sell what i have?
    If i do , should i get 5 DKoK RR's and a vendetta or 2?
    I just don't know, i have 7000 pts eldar (looking at you 10 man squad of RT ghost warriors), so this isnt my first rodeo.

I do love to paint so thats another problem.

I have a company (80 or so) of painted catachans with no heavys, or fast attack other than the RR's so i need advice.

Thanks in advance!

Daemon-Prince

I play Death Korp's and i have to say i can't see anyone buying Tallarn models over the Forgeworld Cav.....Mind you i also haven't seen anyone play Cav now days =/ I would say sell them if you can get the cash well you can.

Veteran-Sergeant

I use cavalry in my Praetorian and Krieg and with the 6thed rules they have had a bit of a boost with the 12'' move fleet and hammer of wrath special rules they can be a good unit to field I have also converted two of my cavalry men in each 10 man squad to have melta guns while the rest get krak grenades as standard so they do well at quickly moving toward enemy tanks and causing a lot of pain even if they have already used up thier lance. I suppose it is a matter of taste in the end but I would always take at least 1 vendetta if i had no other anti air
    Last edited by imperialpower; 10-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.