BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Night Lords color scheme and Lightning effects

What colors should i use for these guys. Im already going to use the Vallejo Old Gold so what colors of blue and such would i need? Also how could i successfully paint the Lightning effects

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah I like to know more about this as well :-)

Chaplain

well all your darker blues would be a good start for the base and just different shades for the lighting

I use off-brand paints, so I'll give basic color descriptions. I'm playing Night Lords as well, but as my particular warband hasn't changed its color scheme much since pre-heresy, its main shade of blue is much lighter than you'd expect and they keep the white skull-shaped faceplate markings.

While I haven't put too much lightning onto these guys, I find that what works really well is building a basic lightning streak in a blue that is much lighter than your base blue but clearly not white, then layering on thinner and thinner streaks over your basic streak in successively lighter blues, until you finally paint a white streak. Depending on how much time you're willing to spend you can put in several layers, or just take the quick route like I have and paint light blue and then white.

Chaplain

I've personally been using Regal Blue, though of course GW don't sell that anymore but I think that sort of tone works well. As for lightning effects, I'd repeat the advice about painting on thinner and thinner streaks from a light blue up to white. Try this tutorial: [url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=138[/url]