BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Csm faq

Brother-Sergeant

Default Csm faq

It's not much, but the old Chaos Space Marines FAQ seems to have vanished from the GW site. Sign of a new FAQ very soon?

Chapter-Master

Well.....consdidering the old one was for a codex thats not in production or use anymore....its probably not suprising its gone
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Yes, the FAQ was for the old codex so is irrelevant. Hopefully, all the questions answered by the last one would be incorporated into the new codex, especially as it will now be written for the correct edition
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

But the point is it's only just disappeared this afternoon, they have left it this long to get rid of the out-of-date edition

Occuli Imperator

It was only released this month, so 2 weeks into it to update and remove and those changes to propagate through, not too slow I don't think.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    It was only released this month, so 2 weeks into it to update and remove and those changes to propagate through, not too slow I don't think.
    For a formal FAQ, yes, it's fine. However, there's little to no reason they couldn't have gotten Kelly's response out much earlier on some of the questions as to "what is RAI" on very basic questions. All it would take is an entry in their daily blog. Done. Two weeks of arguing over things he muffed on done in a heart beat. Sure, there's inevitably some deeper questions that may take consultation with the entire studio, but basic things like the whole zombie debate could have been put to bed no later than the following Tuesday. According to some forums, Kelly knew there was a debate about it almost immediately (or there were people claiming to be in contact with them, although the people in question seem to have more to lose making a false claim than a positive one).

this is the 21st century. GW is certainly large enough to figure out how to do these things WHEN THEY ALREADY HAVE the technology and are using it.

EDIT: GW is failing at rule number one by letting really basic questions hang out there. Leaving it to chance that someone has a game ruined over a rule debate that GW already knows is a problem and GW already has an answer for is just plain stupid.
    Last edited by inquisitorsog; 10-17-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Considering how broken the FAQ pages are (I can only access the 40K page, but then once there you can pick the other systems from the links at the left), I wouldn't be surprised that it took them a while to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    For a formal FAQ, yes, it's fine. However, there's little to no reason they couldn't have gotten Kelly's response out much earlier on some of the questions as to "what is RAI" on very basic questions. All it would take is an entry in their daily blog. Done. Two weeks of arguing over things he muffed on done in a heart beat. Sure, there's inevitably some deeper questions that may take consultation with the entire studio, but basic things like the whole zombie debate could have been put to bed no later than the following Tuesday. According to some forums, Kelly knew there was a debate about it almost immediately (or there were people claiming to be in contact with them, although the people in question seem to have more to lose making a false claim than a positive one).

this is the 21st century. GW is certainly large enough to figure out how to do these things WHEN THEY ALREADY HAVE the technology and are using it.

EDIT: GW is failing at rule number one by letting really basic questions hang out there. Leaving it to chance that someone has a game ruined over a rule debate that GW already knows is a problem and GW already has an answer for is just plain stupid.

Looks like their strategy is working just fine, and they are in fact SUCCEEDING at this so-called "rule number one" (which isn't "use the internet to answer all the bullsh*t stupid people ask", but is actually "Make money" which they're doing hand over fist)

Since you're still active and playing, they must be doing something right. I think that gamers have a massively inflated sense of urgency. How long will this book be used for? 3? 4 years? That's 156-208 weeks. And you're complaining about 2 of them? No, Kelly shouldn't go on his blagosphere and post answers to questions. BECAUSE THAT'S NOT OFFICIAL. Technically speaking, nor are the FAQs. OMG!!! YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR A SINGLE RULE THAT COULD EASILY BE BRUSHED ASIDE OR DICED OFF FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS!? WOE IS YOU!!

I think it's fine they took down a faq for a book that's no longer used. Hopefully they'll get a faq up soon, but whatever. Lulz ensue.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Looks like their strategy is working just fine, and they are in fact SUCCEEDING at this so-called "rule number one" (which isn't "use the internet to answer all the bullsh*t stupid people ask", but is actually "Make money" which they're doing hand over fist)

Since you're still active and playing, they must be doing something right. I think that gamers have a massively inflated sense of urgency. How long will this book be used for? 3? 4 years? That's 156-208 weeks. And you're complaining about 2 of them? No, Kelly shouldn't go on his blagosphere and post answers to questions. BECAUSE THAT'S NOT OFFICIAL. Technically speaking, nor are the FAQs. OMG!!! YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR A SINGLE RULE THAT COULD EASILY BE BRUSHED ASIDE OR DICED OFF FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS!? WOE IS YOU!!

I think it's fine they took down a faq for a book that's no longer used. Hopefully they'll get a faq up soon, but whatever. Lulz ensue.
    So if I translate that:
    "GW is too big to worry that someone may walk away from their products".

Did I get that right?

It's not about patience or any of that. It's about good customer service. It's stupid to miss an opportunity to make customers more happy with your product when it really wouldn't cost you anything. Just plain stupid. They've already got the channels to say "we've had some questions, here's some short term answers on what we think about them". I'm not saying they need to answer every question ,but sticking their head in the sand is silly.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Battle-Brother

I totally agree, it's only common courtesy to help with something so simple. Considering what we're paying for the product now a little consideration for the customer shouldn't be something we have to ask for, or even discuss.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast