BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by walrusman999 View Post
    So then the stance most of you would take to replicas of GW minatures would be against such a thing? I was looking at producing Titans and other large items, possibly produce troops if i could pull it off, but if many people are gonna scream at me for copying and report me then I might as well stop before I begin.
    I would Report you in a heart beat since i prefer not to be sold crap quality recasts.

On a side note Leman russ tanks are based off WW2 French heavy tank looks.......Its pretty funny once you see the match up lol!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by walrusman999 View Post
    So then the stance most of you would take to replicas of GW minatures would be against such a thing? I was looking at producing Titans and other large items, possibly produce troops if i could pull it off, but if many people are gonna scream at me for copying and report me then I might as well stop before I begin.
    That is against the law.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Occuli Imperator

I would be very surprised if the tanks, gun designs, equipment (especially for guard) did not look like existing things.

At one point I thought that it was ok, under "fair use" to cast your own peices for "personal" use, but that is not strictly the case under UK law, obviously there maybe some local differences.

There is a difference between a scratch build and casting. I have built a scratch built warhound before now, which looks similiar to the lucius pattern but is neither a direct copy nor am I trying pass it off as a ForgeWorld beasty.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yuck, horrible Russ, and certainly illegal.

Nice idea for personal use to create wrecked tanks though. Hmmm.
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Iron Father

Here is the reply I got from GW.

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for the email, we have passed this issue on to our legal team to investigate.

Thank you for the notification of this issue.

Kind Regards,
    Scott Edwards.

I don't mind people making a few bits and bobs for themselves. But some poor sod could end up with a ****ty Christmas present bought by some parent thinking their getting a bargain.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

considering a NIB or on sprue russ on ebay is like a fiver i cant see how hes ever going to make money :/
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

Maybe he is on to something 40k paper weights...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

i have just had the same e-mailing advising they have sent it over to their legal department.
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Here is the reply I got from GW.

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for the email, we have passed this issue on to our legal team to investigate.

Thank you for the notification of this issue.

Kind Regards,
    Scott Edwards.

I don't mind people making a few bits and bobs for themselves. But some poor sod could end up with a ****ty Christmas present bought by some parent thinking their getting a bargain.
    I reported them a fair while back...the guy just deletes his user name and makes a new one.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123