BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Warlords...

Default Warlords...

Does anyone else agree that the Horus Heresy org chart with the warlord choice to get superheavies etc, is a far better way of playing large games of 40k? I for one cant stand Apocalypse, but would not mind the odd super heavy in large games of 40k.

Chapter-Master

I like the idea personally, I look forward to trying it out
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Do you think the "lord of war" slot will become the norm for all armies? Or has it already done so in 6th ed? I dont yet own a copy.

Chapter-Master

I don't know.

Superheavies are generally a little OPed for normal games. Even with hull points.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

It's a good idea, but Apocalypse is really a 'bring your whole collection to a game, FOC be damned' sort of thing. I like the fact there is hte option of a more controlled version for HH campaigns but I'd hate to see it replace Apocalypse entirely. Which I doubt GW would ever think of doing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

My group are trialling it with the restriction of only over 2000pts and not more than 25% of your total points. (Which may be the way your supposed to or not, not read HH:B yet). So far not been too bad, as we're disallowing destroyer weapons.

Your doing it right, 2000pts or more.
    I feel this is a far better way to get games with super hevs that dont just revolve around who's got the most and biggest guns.