BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imperator refit

Chapter-Master

Yes Ma'am!

As quick as my digestive system will allow. With that in mind, here is the other side completed, and an idea of scale (including my box of screwdrivers for the approximate height of the base of the cathedral)

My superheavy is large enough for other super heavies to drive around on it... and it is going to get bigger! Basically, the gunnery cathedral will be at least as large as the main torso of the titan.

"We heard there were heretics around here..."
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Hows this for you all, a third post in the same day!

I've done the main body of fork on the flanking towers, this time with a small portion at the back between the back wall and the tower proper. This has resulted in an odd L-shape building, but I am confident that after the angled roof is put on the rear section, it will look far more proportional.

This is roughly the spacing I want on the final model, with a pair of cloisters connecting the flank towers to the main one. As you can see, the flanking towers have the other complete wall sections from the Shrine of the Aquila set, minus the columns in the windows. I've also mounted another wall about 2cm back, to which the weapon barrels will be attached, sticking out through the arch. Those in the know will have spotted that I cut about a third of the bottom of the plastic walls so that these towers didn't look bigger than the central one. At least, not for the most part...

I've only done this one spire so far. It does make the tower slightly taller than the main tower, but only by a centimetre or two. As the vast majority of the bulk of the tower is well below the bulk of the central one, it doesn't look out of place. Add into that the additional height afforded from the Vortex missile launch tube (and the missile itself!) and it all comes back in to line. As before, I still need to do a lot of details and gap filling for these towers, but hopefully I can get on to that soon.

Along with the cloisters.

And the other roofs.

And the chapel for the main gun. and the courtyards...

I still have quite a bit to do!

Shades
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

This is shaping up to be a year for titans. I've got a project in the works also
    Keep it up!

Chaplain

think I might just have to get in on this titan action my self... any who it's looking good

Iron Father

Lol, go big or go home. Looking good and suitable intimidating.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12