BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Chaos Space Marines FAQ is here!

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2710181a_Chaos_Space_Marines_v1.0a.pdf[/url]

Plague Zombies can purchase additional models but not other options.
    Axe of Blind Fury is available to Daemons of Khorne and models with the Mark of Khorne.
    Note 5 on the Chaos Wargear List changed to include 'and Daemons of Khorne'.
    Chaos Terminators - Terminators can choose any of the following three options.
    Helbrute points value changed to 100 - what?

EDIT: My thoughts on the changes.

Plague Zombies - obviously this is great.
    Axe of Blind Fury - the Black Mace is still the superior option overall, however being S8 base means you would be a moving instant-death machine against things like Nobz and Paladins.
    Terminators - thank goodness for that. The biggest complaint (at least that I've seen) about the codex is now fixed. I hope no-one actually went through with removing the arms of their Terminators!
    Helbrute - again, what? Why the points reduction? I really don't understand. We already get a better deal than basic Loyalist Dreadnoughts (until you bring Drop Pods into the equation), why was this necessary? Was it a misprint? I dunno. It is kind of funny that we get the same profile as a Loyalist Dreadnought for the cost of an infantry flamer points less and get Extra Armour for free when they have to pay thrice our points reduction for it.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 10-19-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

I heard someone saying that the points cost was a typo in the first place and that in non-english codices the price was already as it has now been errata'd to be.

Chaplain

The German Version has the Brute listed at 100 pts. (don´t know if other european versions are the same) and it is right! So what the translation is right, but the original is wrong - thats embarrassing

Don´t understand the rules and the new optical presence of the hellbrute anyway. Why it has no smokelaunchers, why it can´t buy vehicel-upgrades, why it is no deamon (i assume, the knew look is suggesting that) und the question with the biggest importance is: Why the hell, was the name changend and the end its only a dread with no smoke ?
    Peace through superior Firepower!

I mean, it even talks about it being a demonically possessed insane demonic machine, but no daemon. No idea what's goin on with that thing.

All the custom interesting fun options that I expect from Chaos seem to be tame, watered down and restricted with very few options.

Scout

It was nice to see a short FAQ. Eventhough the CSM codex was sort of vanilla, hopefully this means less vague areas in future dex's. Hopefully.