BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Tyranids in tournaments, 6th edition

Just wanted to talk about a tournament I went to this weekend, in which I did far better than I had thought I would.

Game 1- vs Necrons with wraithstar, 3 fliers and annihilation barges, immortals in 2 of fliers, and 2 destroyer lords. I won by 3 victory points

Game 2- vs Necrons with 2 destroyer lords, scarabs, 4 spiders, and 4 fliers full of immortals. This list destroyed me the whole game, it was a really tough game

Game 3- vs drop pod space wolf list, and a landraider. He ended up getting 1 victory point to my 8, I kind of felt bad, because once I took out njal, my psychic shriek spam just ripped him to shreds.

Game 4- vs my friend's necron list, 3 ghost arks with 9 warriors in each, 3 annihilation barges, 2 wraithstars with destroyer lords each, and one squad tesla immortals. In the beginning I was doing fine, then the last two turns it turned around and the necrons just ripped me apart. I ended up getting 0 victory points to his 8, it was rough, fun game still, but rough. This friend of mine, I have always had trouble taking on this list, so its one of those hurdles I hope to overcome some day.

Game 5- vs Tau with space wolf allies, 2 hammer heads, shaso squad, 2 broadsides, crisis suit squad, 3 squads firewarriors 1 devilfish, 2 rhinos with greyguard (one mark of the wolfen) and a rune priest with JoWW. This one was back and fourth the whole time, and we ended up tying the game 5 to 5. The whole game we were just going back and fourth really hurting each other, was a really fun and intense game.

My list: Flyrant with 2 TL devourers, Troop tervigon with adrenals and toxins, 10 devilgants, 20 toxin hormies, 2 squads 3 warriors with deathspitters and a barbed strangler, doom in a pod (MVP hands down), 3 zoeys in a pod (ran shriek the whole time), 3 hive guard, dakkafex, trygon with adrenals

Overall I did fairly well, better than I thought I would have, and got 22 out of 35 in the listings. Not amazing no, but considering how people think of tyranids these days I think I did rather well. I really did very well in 2 games, had a fun but even game, then 2 really bad ones. I had a lot of fun though and it was a great tournament. I wanna tweak my list to make it better for future ones, and will probably change up deployments a bit.

Has anyone else had experience with tournaments and bugs in 6th?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Daemon-Prince

From what i have seen take Flyrants or the swarmlord with lots of genestealers....get a turn 1 charge and profit.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chaplain

I hate when people do that, it's the best anti necron stratagem I've seen yet to

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    I hate when people do that, it's the best anti necron stratagem I've seen yet to
    Works well against almost all armies now days.........However Guard with flamers in the front Rank and blobbed can make them very unhappy

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    really in many ways its our only way to stay competetive and do well enough, especially with all these necron flying circuses going around. In this tournament there was a 5 way tie for second place, all of whom were necrons. So five out of the 7 necron players were tied at second at the end, was crazy.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    really in many ways its our only way to stay competetive and do well enough, especially with all these necron flying circuses going around. In this tournament there was a 5 way tie for second place, all of whom were necrons. So five out of the 7 necron players were tied at second at the end, was crazy.
    Flyrant them....they eat fliers if i remember right?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Flyrant them....they eat fliers if i remember right?
    I never got a chance to eat, just shoot. They either took me down before I could vector strike, or flew out of my range.

Flyrants nad Shell Dakkarants are good. So are troop psychic Tervigons for the sheer durability three of them bring to the game. So far im 16-4-0 for WLD, placing 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in three local RTTs. If you go the psychic route, Tyranids are beast in objective games. The main problem is KPs... I've lost 2 of 3 KP games Ive played. But the 7 psycher list I ran outlasted the 9 scythe list in an objective game through sheer bodies on objectives... It's nigh impossible to table without JaWWs or great dice.

Chapter-Master

I'm just curious, in regards to that Swarmlord/Flying Hive Tyrant mix with the Genestealers, how are you getting first turn charges? Is it via Infiltrate/Scout and going second? Just curious.

I would love to do Tyranids, I especially wouldn't mind running the Swarmlord. Give him two Tyrant Guards, and he will wreck all manner of face (provided he gets Iron Arm - at least against Grey Knights anyway).

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I'm just curious, in regards to that Swarmlord/Flying Hive Tyrant mix with the Genestealers, how are you getting first turn charges? Is it via Infiltrate/Scout and going second? Just curious.

I would love to do Tyranids, I especially wouldn't mind running the Swarmlord. Give him two Tyrant Guards, and he will wreck all manner of face (provided he gets Iron Arm - at least against Grey Knights anyway).
    You got it Infiltrate, go second, Charge and laugh well they go "NOOOOOOOO" and the swarmlord walks up the table to mop up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast