BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Horus Heresy Betrayal - Best Units?

So now that I have my grubby paws on the book (and good lord is it beautiful) I'm trying to decide what units I should get. Imma list a few that I'm considering and I'd love to here some feedback in how well y'all think they'll do in game.

Rapier Laser Destroyer Array - I love the model and they seem super damn cheap points wise for what they can do.

Assault Squads -Seem REALLY expensive for 10 jump pack marines.

Breacher Squads - love the boarding shields. Not sure if they REALLY have enough utility, and the boarding shield invuln save isn't that great.

Support/Heavy Squads - what heavy weapons is everyone thinking for these guys? I love the volkite calivers but they seem meg on the support.

Also. How many of you are getting the legion IG vehicles? How many of you are getting basilisks or medusas?

www.queencityguard.com

I really like the tactical squads, planning on having 3 20 man squads in Spartans. Yes the assault squad does seem expensive 400 points for 20 of them means they are 20 points each, my best guess is that tac squads should be 250 which would make more sense

I'll be doing bleacher squads as I'm doing imperial fists and I've used the boarding shields before, also you can sneak special weapons into there to give them a bit more kick

What I'm really looking forward to is modeling the recon squad and the destoryer squad with 2 missile launchers and jump packs

I'm not going the heavy squad as I can't think of too many things I would need to shoot with 10 lascannons

I was looking at some medusas but I have a large IG army and I would prefer to put them in there

Fly Lord

I'm a believer in tacticals on foot, heavy support squads with whatever you need and 5 land speeder squadrons with dual heavy bolters each.

My test games are showing the real secret sauce of the list is the Centurian Consul upgrades. Lots of those abilities transfer to squads they join so study p.191 well. It has tons of mean combos you can pull off with the rest of the army. Don't forget you get 3 HQ slots.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I'm a believer in tacticals on foot, heavy support squads with whatever you need and 5 land speeder squadrons with dual heavy bolters each.

My test games are showing the real secret sauce of the list is the Centurian Consul upgrades. Lots of those abilities transfer to squads they join so study p.191 well. It has tons of mean combos you can pull off with the rest of the army. Don't forget you get 3 HQ slots.
    Deathshroud Terminators, Enough said Bigred. 2 wound terminators at str 5 ap 2? Yes please.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

I'm thinking I really want to get this book, but hell, I have enough on the hobby as it is.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 10-21-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I'm thinking I really want to get this book, but hell, I have enough on the hobby as it is.
    Buy all my extra stuff then so i can get the book and 2 wound insanely OP evil terminators.... With Scythes.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Legion Tactical Squad. When you're holding an objective, nothing says 'gerrof moi laaaand' quite like 20 Bolters subject to 'fury of the legion'.

Ditto the Assault Squads. 20 strong with jump packs, worth it for being to seize and hold objectives!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Legion Destroyer Squads.

I'm going to be running a Medusa with the Phosphex shells (Siege Breaker Consul).

Chapter-Master

Yeah. I'm absolutely making a destroyer squad. Nothing gives me a tiny 40K chubby like a jump pack dude with a missile launcher :-). I'm also glad to see someone else is going medusas. I think imma get 2 of the Armageddon pattern ones.

www.queencityguard.com