BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I was led to believe banking in the US was somewhat archaic
    We have had Visa Debit cards for at the least 10 years. Almost all banking can be done online now a days. The only people that still send out checks are those who don't think online banking is safe.
    Last edited by walrusman999; 10-21-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Correcting a poor and hasty choice of words

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Roma89q View Post
    Nah, they're not a UK only thing. I live in the US and I have a visa debit card, so does everyone I know...it just comes standard when you open an account.
    Fair enough. Though on closer inspection that does little to help Hunter as the FW website says it only takes debt cards from UK customers, everyone abroad has to sue credit cards.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by walrusman999 View Post
    You thought wrong. We have had Visa Debit cards for at the least 10 years. Almost all banking can be done online now a days. The only people that still send out checks are those who don't think online banking is safe.
    At least a decade?
    I thought nothing about it, to be fair the relevance of banking in the US to me has been little beyond you ****ing the worlds economy with your subprime lending, and our banking muppets buying the bad debt from you.
    As I said "I'd been led to believe" and until someone pointed out otherwise here there was no reason for me to change those beliefs as I hadn't come into contact with a reason to...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I thought nothing about it, to be fair the relevance of banking in the US to me has been little beyond you ****ing the worlds economy with your subprime lending, and our banking muppets buying the bad debt from you.
    As I said "I'd been led to believe" and until someone pointed out otherwise here there was no reason for me to change those beliefs as I hadn't come into contact with a reason to...
    Psychosplodge I apologize for coming off a little strong mouthed, been having a bad day. But yeah I agree with you on the fact that the US economy is retarded and has affected the world economy in the wrong way. I try not to buy anything unless I can pay for it in cash. I use debit/credit for purchases I can't physically take with me never spending more than I have. I've often used the pre-paid cards to purchase online in an effort to curb frivolous spending. If only there were more US politicians who thought this way we wouldn't be where we are today.

Chapter-Master

No worries, I maybe reacted rather quickly
    It's definitely a good philosophy. Everybody would probably be better off if they all excised restraint...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    No worries, I maybe reacted rather quickly
    It's definitely a good philosophy. Everybody would probably be better off if they all excised restraint...
    I agree wholeheartedly, now we just need to drill the philosophy into Obama and Romney's heads.

Chapter-Master

And our useless lot as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Fair enough. Though on closer inspection that does little to help Hunter as the FW website says it only takes debt cards from UK customers, everyone abroad has to sue credit cards.
    Although a debit card isn't a credit card, you can use it as a credit card...or atleast use the debit card to make a credit purchase. I did this the last time i ordered form forgeworld, when I bought my two autocannons for my gk dreadnought I treated my debit card as a credit card, no hassles from it.

Occuli Imperator

Can you not order and pay for it in your local GW store?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    At least a decade?
    While plenty of irresponsible lending went on during the subprime mortgage crisis, much of it was initiated and encouraged by the Clinton White House, and no one makes a borrower take a loan they're not sure they can afford. For every "irresponsible" loan that was given, there was at least one irresponsible borrower attached to it.

Please, lets not completely remove any accountability from the folks that decided to become house poor and couldn't make their payments when rates adjusted.

And yes, I've had a debit card for all of my adult life, so at least 10 years. I don't quite get why you'd have though banking in the US was archaic?
    Last edited by wittdooley; 10-21-2012 at 05:09 PM.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast