BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by walrusman999 View Post
    Psychosplodge I apologize for coming off a little strong mouthed, been having a bad day. But yeah I agree with you on the fact that the US economy is retarded and has affected the world economy in the wrong way. I try not to buy anything unless I can pay for it in cash. I use debit/credit for purchases I can't physically take with me never spending more than I have. I've often used the pre-paid cards to purchase online in an effort to curb frivolous spending. If only there were more US politicians who thought this way we wouldn't be where we are today.
    Or.... you could simply practice unenforced self-restraint. There's no difference in using a debit card and cash; I very rarely have cash with me and, quite frankly, find it a burden when I have to carry it. I simply balance my checkbook online and make sure I'm aware how much I have in my accounts. While I understand your logic behing getting only pre-paid cards, there are plenty of folks that don't need them to create an artificial enforcement of self-restraint on their spending. If only there were more US citizens that thought that way we wouldn't be where we are today.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Or.... you could simply practice unenforced self-restraint. There's no difference in using a debit card and cash; I very rarely have cash with me and, quite frankly, find it a burden when I have to carry it. I simply balance my checkbook online and make sure I'm aware how much I have in my accounts. While I understand your logic behing getting only pre-paid cards, there are plenty of folks that don't need them to create an artificial enforcement of self-restraint on their spending. If only there were more US citizens that thought that way we wouldn't be where we are today.
    I buy pre-paid cards not only so I can't overspend online, it provides a security measure against online fraud and identity theft. If someone were to acquire my card number there might only be 50$ on it instead of gaining access to all my savings in my bank account. I am going to school for Information technology so I have a small idea about how easy it is to acquire and steal someones card number. And I have friends who have been on the receiving end of identity theft and needless to say, but it is not something someone really wants to try out. I'll just stick to going to my local GW store and purchasing the models I need in cash.

Brother-Sergeant

thank you for awsering .

first off there are no local GW stores in my aria .
    I have looked at pre payed credit card but the fees where just outrageous , am not that despret to order from FW .

What i was wondering if there where any reputable online vendors that hold FW products , that or work out something with my bank conserning a credit card.

btw we have an exultant debit card service in Canada but it's not sported for online purchases.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I don't quite get why you'd have though banking in the US was archaic?
    I imagine it's something I've read/seen on tv, can't think of any other reason.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    thank you for awsering .

first off there are no local GW stores in my aria .
    I have looked at pre payed credit card but the fees where just outrageous , am not that despret to order from FW .

What i was wondering if there where any reputable online vendors that hold FW products , that or work out something with my bank conserning a credit card.

btw we have an exultant debit card service in Canada but it's not sported for online purchases.

Perhaps if your credit is so bad that you can't get a credit card, you might want to consider not blowing a ton of money on resin models?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    No worries, I maybe reacted rather quickly
    It's definitely a good philosophy. Everybody would probably be better off if they all excised restraint...
    Best. Malapropism. Ever!

Chapter-Master

lol
    So it wasn't too subtle?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    lol
    So it wasn't too subtle?
    No, I got it at least.

Also, I worked out why people think America's banking is backward:
    They still have paychecks, whereas I think the rest of the civilised world has worked out that employers can deposit the money directly into your bank account ...

Chapter-Master

I suppose that could be be the sort of thing that would qualify...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    Perhaps if your credit is so bad that you can't get a credit card, you might want to consider not blowing a ton of money on resin models?
    I don't have bad credit , i have zero credit ^^ , with out anybody willing to sing for me well am at the mercy of the acceptance process , but it seems that FW does take direct bank transfers For orders over 300 pounds , thas about 480 Can , more that i was willing to spend in one shot but well with in my budget .
    Am going to look in to that with the parties involved but considering winter is coming , i may just wait until early spring to make an order , meanwhile am going to try again for a card.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast