BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Just remember that you still need to hit with Psychic Shriek, which means the Tervigon's average BS hampers its use. Mind you though, it is nearly always worth it.

I find Hive Guard are still more useful against most vehicles you will see, especially considering they ignore night fighting, jink, smoke launchers, etc. There's virtually no way for a vehicle to get cover from Hive Guard.
    Mind you though, Zoanthropes are my favourites and always have been.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Just remember that you still need to hit with Psychic Shriek, which means the Tervigon's average BS hampers its use. Mind you though, it is nearly always worth it.

I find Hive Guard are still more useful against most vehicles you will see, especially considering they ignore night fighting, jink, smoke launchers, etc. There's virtually no way for a vehicle to get cover from Hive Guard.
    Mind you though, Zoanthropes are my favourites and always have been.
    Well zoanthropes also need to do the same thing, overall you still get to use it pretty often, especially with all the saturation I do.

Hive guard are still very useful, only way you can get cover from them is by being on area terrain, at least that is how I read the rules for it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Well zoanthropes also need to do the same thing, overall you still get to use it pretty often, especially with all the saturation I do.

Hive guard are still very useful, only way you can get cover from them is by being on area terrain, at least that is how I read the rules for it.
    Typically I would keep the default Zoanthrope powers and only swap them out if I am using them as buff platforms through Biomancy. The Psychic Shriek only works against infantry and it wastes the Zoanthropes anti-tank power - Tyranids typically aren't lacking in anti infantry anyway.

Yep, and vehicles don't benefit from being inside area terrain - they only count obscured bonuses. About the only way to thus get a cover save is to be (for example) in a forest and have trees between the tank and the Hive Guard. This makes them almost unfair against Dark Eldar armies or in general vehicles that rely on cover. They would also make the Harliestar crap itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234