So, as you may have read elsewhere, I'm a middle school science teacher in East Oakland, a reasonably impoverished community in California. I've decided to try to start a Warhammer club at my school because I see a lot of value for my kids. Warhammer can teach social skills, strategic thinking, math and probability, and reading. A nerdy hobby club can give nerdy kids a place to meet and make friends. And of course, as we all know, Warhammer is a ton of fun .

The problem is that I live on a teacher's salary. While I'd love to buy a battleforce for every kid that's interested, I just can't afford to. Also, my wife took one look at me when I came home from my first afternoon teaching the kids to play and made me promise not to .

I know that times are tough all around, but I'm wondering if anyone out there in the world of BoLS would like to help out. I have kids interested in Necrons and Tyranids (ah, middle schoolers...). I can take any model you don't want, no matter how old and beat up it is, and turn it into something my kids can use. I could also use straight-up donations, and I'm not too proud to take them.

How can you trust me? I wish there was something like Kickstarter or Indiegogo for donations and other non-commercial projects, but if there is I haven't found it yet. Feel free to tip me off if you know of something - and no, Donor's Choose doesn't work, since they have a very strict academic products only, and force you to buy from their selection of vendors. You don't really have any way of knowing that I'm not a total jerk using a sob story to get your unwanted 'nids and 'crons. At the moment, I don't have a way of proving myself - I just have to ask you to trust me. I do promise that I'll post pictures of my kids playing with your donations, may the Hammer of Ban fall upon me if I lie.

The details:

If you want to send me some dust-gathering 'nids, 'crons, or anything else you think a burgeoning middle school kid might like, my address is:

Mark Stone
528 Merritt Avenue, Apartment 107
Oakland, CA 94610

If you feel like throwing a couple of bucks at me, you can use Paypal. My email address there is electricpaladin (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

A couple of bucks would really help. Consider that if everyone who posts here gave me one dollar, I probably would have enough to buy those kids the aforementioned battleforces, and also some terrain to play on.