BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Chaplain

I just want to say if you want a story then read something by BL other wise just bite the bullet and get over it, the codex is not a log book but a short story book who gives a dam as long as it tells me what I need to know and a little back ground. Now this being said I do like my fluff as it tastes like blood, sweat and souls and helps me have a reason for what I'm doing (and yes I'm one of these teens as I'm 16) but still I play necrons and they are good and I just want more of a story for them then what they have.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    best releases in the last 4 years are the ones that we're re-inventions of their armies and that probably says all you need to know.
    True, the Dark Eldar Codex was an interesting exception to the rule, at least to some extent. What it lacked in depth or personality, it at least kind of made up for with the interesting superscience-by-way-of-Clive Barker motif.

Unfortunately, it was a niche that the Necrons used to occupy, so all their appealing mystery and Lovecraftian techno-horror got jettisoned in favor of leftover Scorpion King costuming and other halfassed pop-Egyptology. Poor things. We'll not even get into the horrors inflicted on the Boys from Titan...

This all misses the point, though. It's not "more," it's the specifics of what's been added, and the spillover into nonsensical He-Man stories where there was once a bit of verisimilitude...so long as one made allowance for WWII strategies in a universe with space travel.

Time was, wars in 40K read like historical accounts, and operated on broad but workable military strategies, even if they were used against Orks. Nowadays, battles are won or lost by Marneus Calgar sucker-punching Avatars, presumably due to the copyright on their names and an assumption that the audience is too dumb to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    If you can even try and compare Warhammer 40k to a band then you seriously need help my friend, you REALLY do.
    I have no earthly idea what to do with this comment. It dangles there in the wind, deeply confusing on one hand, but also tempting me to try to copyright the idea of comparing two dissimilar things via their qualities and reap billions off the retroactive royalties. It just might be crazy enough to work.
    Last edited by Lexington; 10-25-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Yes, you should copyright being an idiot. You're extremely good at it.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Yes, you should copyright being an idiot. You're extremely good at it.
    He already did i checked.....Shame
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Gods damn it... I should pay him royalties for my last comment then.

Thread closed before this goes any further.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567