BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default thinking of switching to WhiteScars for HorusH fights, but I like fluff backed armies

Hmmm... well I was going to switch out for the Horus Heresy and use/paint/buy/play White Scars, but I like fluff backed armies. Yeah I could write up my own but like the jobs done by the black library staff better.

White Scar Novela coming out soon but dont think it will be enough.

Any of you play based on fluff or army?

Librarian

i play armies based on what else was played on the local scene, or what else was not being played more precisely. This lead to a SoB army. Got onto a ravenwing army based on same process. Play a double wing, as it is fluffy, and currently the other reason you play DA. I've come to like the fluff of my armies as a result, except when a certain writer butchering my ladies for a lame arsed reason.

yes the writers due tend to slap in some butchering in which one must cringe and hope for the best later on!!! I know the feeling

Chapter-Master

I chose my armies through a combination of look, playstyle, and background. My various armies appeal to these factors to different degrees, but all armies appeal to all of them on some level. I play Tau for their background, though I'm also fond of their playstyle and visuals. I play Blood Angels for their visual style and story, and their playstyle is a nice change of pace from my Tau. I play Blood Ravens for their background (renegade Thousand Sons ftw!), but they look enough like my Blood Angels that I like them for the same reasons, and their playstyle is plenty fun (at least I win more often...).
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

White Scars are super cool, and their paint scheme, while simple, looks really good on the tabletop. They have a lot of character for being a Codex Astartes compliant chapter, so not only do they get all of the cool toys, they also maintain some thematic originality. And as a Wolves player, I like their slightly savage, individualistic vibe. I'd go to battle with 'em.
    Last edited by The Sovereign; 10-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Pretty much all of my armies are fluff based, or just models I like the story of. I usually don't win, but I like my armies.

Erm. The White Scars have plenty of background?