BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Haven't had this problem either. If the shine is really giving you problems, you might try giving a quick coat of matte varnish though.

Iron Father

Or you could try making your own oil paint washes, loads cheaper and far more forgiving. There are quite a few tutorials on YouTube. With so many colours to choose from too it's a technique I am using more and more. Great for weathering effects too.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

Are their batch numbers on the pots? It could be a bad batch.

I've not really seen the problem, but I've done washes as an intermediate step and use hand mixed powder+medium for final grime etc since the new paints came out.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Librarian

I have not used the nuln oil personally, but I have not noticed this with any of the other shades, they have always gone on really well and the colouring and pigments have worked perfectly. Could be a bad batch, or something to do with the environmental conditions of where you live, or where you paint specifically. Do you just let them dry in a cool dry place, or are they near some sort of heat vent?

I will say I would love to try oil washes, they can produce some amazing results and give you a HUGE choice when it comes to colouring, and you can mix them at a whim.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Daemon-Prince

Nuln oil is great i use it on all my models no issue
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12