BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Open Fire

Brother-Sergeant

Default Open Fire

So its out on 22nd October, is £50 RRP (£45 or £44.99 on most webstores, mine included) and comes with a heck ton of new stuff. I for sure am getting one... who else is excited?

For reference here is whats inside...
    The Box Contains: A 52 Page Full Colour Quick Start Guide, a 296 Page Full Colour Complete Rulebook, More Than 118 Finely Detailed Miniatures, V1 Flying Bomb Terrain Feature, Cardboard Terrain, Tokens, Objective Markers, Army Lists and 20 Dice.

Two forces gives you a British armoured squadron with support from some fearless US paratroopers to deal with the German grenadier company defending their V1 launcher (yes that is in the box as well) with the aid of a StuG platoon and some anti-tank guns.

Librarian

So the whole starter set is just a bit more than the cost of the new Chaos Codex? That does it. Count me in. FOW here I come!

Brother-Sergeant

Me too =D Flames of War is alot cheaper than GW but just as fun, I'm looking into expanding my army with a couple more tank platoons =)

Its a splendid deal it even comes with a rulebooklet and paper Terrain and enough units to play a decent game out of the box with good room for expansion. Just wish the grenadier side came with the standard 4x P Ak 40 anti tank gun unit a decent list runs around three or four but I'm more than happy with the new battleset