BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chaplain

"a satisfied customer will tell at average 3 people about their experience. an unsatisfied one will tell on average 10." - my business teacher from high school

the only major problem i had was that my LoC kept bending over but thats been fixed by propping his raised foot on top of a rock. the 5 raptors, Zoanthrope and Typhus are perfect. and none of them melt in sunlight, that Bs was made up.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    "a satisfied customer will tell at average 3 people about their experience. an unsatisfied one will tell on average 10."
    Which illustrates exactly why you shouldn't rush rolling out a flawed product with no quality control.

Brother-Captain

I've done okay with Finecast. I've bought: Haemonculus, 10 Wracks, Autarch, Zoanthrope, 2 Venomthropes, 3 Hive Guard so far and they've all been pretty much fine. The Haemonculus's snakey spine was a bit bent, as were the Autarch's sword and ankles and the Zoanthrope's point of attachment to the little thing it's sat on. Other than that just a couple of little holes on certain points on the Venomthrope whips and Hive Guard exoskeletons, but all of these were easy to fix and well worth not being metal (and thus always falling apart and chipping). Tyranids generally have less to go wrong with them, and with the Wracks I just coincidentally had no issues. As long as you get good casts it's fine as a material, but I imagine having to constantly go back and get replacements is a pain.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Should also say here that I have the Sternguard weapons pack that everyone was all "lol its so badly cast lol" when it came out, and it was absolutely fine. Okay, the picture on the website is clearly one that they painted up quickly for display purposes, but then they've also had a picture of a Space Marine bike with a wonky boltgun on their website for ages too and nobody gets up in arms about how terrible plastic is.

I mean it has all those awful mould lines and everything! Boycott plastic!
    I am curious to know if the sternguard pack is as faulty as the pic, or whether they just painted up a badly cast one
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I have an idea/challenge.

As soon as my finances have settled down (next couple of months) I propose a Finecast grand test. We vote on a model to test (I'll set up the poll) and those willing to take part buy one (ideally through mail order, for a genuine blind test...) and we contrast and compare, by posting up pre-agreed sets of pics (for instance, on sprue, post typical clean up, and assembled, this can also be discussed nearer the time).

I invite all to take part!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

As soon as my finances have settled down (next couple of months) I propose a Finecast grand test. We vote on a model to test (I'll set up the poll) and those willing to take part I'll buy you all one (ideally through mail order, for a genuine blind test...) and we contrast and compare, by posting up pre-agreed sets of pics (for instance, on sprue, post typical clean up, and assembled, this can also be discussed nearer the time).

I invite all to take part!
    I for one look forward to receiving my free tester model...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I would suggest taking a model that is a new sculpt. That's the true test I think. Perhaps the Dark Apostle as it features lots of detail and has some potential problem areas such as spikes and a shafted weapon.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456