BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thing is, acceptable casts are a matter of being subjective. Whereas as I'm not fussed over a couple of small bubbles, someone else might return it, and another person might rant on the interwebs.

I'll try to remember to put up pics of my limited ones!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I needed 3 necron overlords before I got one, a lhamean, castellan crowe (banner was practically non existant) which overall was disgraceful. However since they've moved to automated resin mixing it's been a hell of a lot better. But it should have been that way in the first instance.

No bad experiences with Finecast. Jumppack Chaplain had a few more holes than those I've had subsequently, but none ruined it. They stick together much better, which is huge. They're also easier to clean up, and a million times easier to convert. I love it.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

I had a zoanthrope one time that had a bungled up face, but in the end all worked out rather well, brought it to the guy I bought it from, he took it back and gave me a new one that was perfect. That was my only bad experience with finecast, the rest have been stellar (other than the occasional bubble in an odd piece of carapace), with great details, especially the zoeythrope brains.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Chapter-Master

Never had any miscast models. The closest to that would have been Draigo's sword bending all wonky-like, but that's nothing some hot water can't fix. My Fateweaver decided his front leg would bend enormously and make his faces touch the bottom of the base, but my LGS manager fixed that for free. Can't even say I've had bubbles on any of my resin models.

Ive never had a miscast. But my only problem is fine smaller pieces in heat because of warping....my main curse is Servo arms is a pain to keep straight and not bent.
    Purge the Weak!

I haven't had too many problems with Finecast especially models that are made for it instead of metal first. Just don't do what my friend did and put his freshly finished and finely painted Blue Scribes on top of his Microwave. When he came back after it had finished cooking (whatever it was) he found a pile of goo ontop of his Microwave.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

...why would you ever do that?

Those poor Blue Scribes.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I'm going to start off by saying I'm not a Finecast hater, I was extremely excited when they announced the move away from metal as I am a converter first and a gamer second and I continue to be optimistic about them.

However I have so far had a 100% poor cast rate - as I have only bought one model. I didn't return it though as I took it as a challenge - one bubble was on a part I was replacing anyway and the other two I resculpted and are good as new. My main gripe about fine cast is that I don't see how they justify the prices of some units, but then anyone who knows me knows that I'm like a broken record about GW prices.

Oh, I was also sad panda that the only Chaos Lord not to appear in the recent CW finecast releases was the Slaanesh one, which is the model I have been waiting for since finecast was announced. But that's just me.
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Chapter-Master

Awesome, a pile of resin goo would definitly vastly improve the Blue Scribes to look better - more an amorphous lovecraftian form. If it still had the faces visible, even better.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast