BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Raptors are a bit fragile, and the drake may not show up for two (or even three) turns. Something, that advances with your troops and soaks up incoming fire might work better. If you took 5 chaos spawn with mark of Nurgle then you have 15 toughness 6 wounds that can advance surprisingly quickly. Hard to kill, and should buy the rest of your guys some time to close the ground.

Hi. Love this article and would like to just add a comment about havoc squads. I have been running a full iron warrior havoc squad with autocannons and the champion on a quad gun behind an aegis defense line. I have also added the comm station for those of you waiting on a helldrake this works great. It also suits the havoc squad well giving them even more str seven dakka. I've been meaning to make a forgefeind to hang out there with them as well with hades AC and the ecto plasm upgrade incase of deep striking termies.

Librarian

Getting ready now to run Death Guard and World Eaters along with Khorne/ Nurgle Deamons Potentially black legion if i can get my hands on the codex... And the other 2 players are playing crimson slaughter and Death Guard as well. We will be going up against Kriege Cadians vostroyans and potentially some space marine allies it all depends on what they choose to bring. Quite Frankly I don't want to be a naysayer but I fell safe in saying its going to be all about getting into close combat for me. If i can weather the storm of las I am sure to face then perhaps i can get into the squads and really do some damage.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

I'm still waiting for new sculpts for chosen, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using a 5 or 6 man plasma chosen team with Draznicht and a balestar sorc from the crimson slaughter list. That's a 40 point surcharge on an all ready expensive unit, but with preferred enemy for a steal and a reroll machine in your newly anointed divination sorcerer it seems even filthier than your garden variety plasma gunner squad.

Div can even add some survivability on a good roll with some invulns and whatnot. Maybe not quite deathstar status, but it seems like you could see a good return on points invested with the unit.

So I'm not a chaos player but I am trying to help one of my friends who is a new player to chaos. He doesn't have the means to combo with daemons yet but he does have a very wide variety of Chaos models including 2 mauler fiends, 2 defilers, 2 hell drakes, 2 or 3 land raiders, a bunch of tanks and troops. I'm trying to help make a list that can be very strong against our current meta and unfortunately he has yet to win a single game.
    The biggest threats in our meta are Marines and Tyranids. Can someone please help guide us in the right direction. I really want him to win at least 1 game soon because he's starting to get very frustrated and I don't want him to rage quit from the game.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Slaanesh army maybe, its almost as tough as a nurgle one (more in some cases) but usually can pack in enough blast masters to hurt marines and MCs. and sonic weapons would brutalise hordes.

Maulers are better against MCs now due to the smash changes.

No really point to the land raiders without anything to put in them, and even then its meh

Drake, take 1, 2 if you want but the nerf basically killed them, and I think he'd be better off running dual bike/spawn units with a solodrake instead.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Thank you. That actually helps a lot. I know he will probably still try to use the Land Raider because he loves putting berzerkers in there but I've been trying to get him to look at other choices than Khorn.

Librarian

Been running the following list for a while now its mono khorne its 2k and its been alot of fun for me to play
    hq1 kharn
    hq2 khorne lord sigial relic axe and melta bombs
    2x units of 7 berserkers champ included with powerfist
    2 land raiders
    4-5 units of cultits 2 for shooting 2-3 close combat
    2 predators ac/lc
    helblade
    and lastly the drake.

I will say having the raiders has made assault viable for me and the new tank rules are keeping me alive longer. the new scoring options make things interesting to say the least. i will admitt i was skeptical but after playing this list for a while its grwn on me i've learned what i can do with it and what i cannot do with it. so i think its been more the learning curve then anything. when i move up to 2500 i add in a shadowsword which tends to be alot of fun.

Howdy Fellow Heretics. I need some advice on how to expand my current Chaos Warband. My warband currently has a

Fallen Sorcerer

Fallen Bike Squad
    -Plasma Gun

[Fallen Squad]
    9x Chaos Marines
    -Plasma Gun
    -Aspiring Champion w/Plasma Pistol
    -Rhino (Bare Bones)
    -I currently have one more marine from the DV kit. Should I work on converting him into a marine with a plasma gun? I have no problem with running this squad as Troops or Plague Marines. Depending on this choice determines how I paint up my Chaos Lord from the DV kit as well!

Night Lord Forces

10x Raptors
    -2x Melta Guns
    -Champion has Power Weapon

Helldrake w/ Bale Flamer

Hellbrute w/Multi-Melta

Rhino w/Havoc Launcher
    -I currently have a 10 man chaos squad to assemble. My current loadout is looking to be 2x Flamers, I have yet to assemble these dudes. I can also Min the Squad to be 5-5 with different options. I was going to have the aspiring champion have dual lightning claws? Is including more flamers overkill with the Helldrake?

[Fodder]

10x Cultists w/Autoguns
    -Heavy Stubber
    -Shotgun

10x Cultists w/ CC + Pistol
    -Flamer

10x Cultists w/Auto-guns
    -I'm currently using guardsmen, I'm considering giving a flamer to this squad because of how sucky the heavy stubber has been. I do want the Auto-guns with this squad. However I think I'm including too many flamers in my army list. Another reason why I'm worried of equipping my Night Lord tactical squad with flamer.

Currently I have a defiler in the basic loadout (Heavy Flamer, Reaper). I have no idea how to paint him up. I am currently looking for inspiration to paint him up!

This is the beginning, I have more! I main orks so I automatically bought Stormclaw. The spacewomen models have got me excited to convert these fellows into Luna Wolves. However fluff wise they would need to be Sons of Horus to be on the chaos bandwagon. My paint scheme would probably be split along the middle. Half would be black legion colors however the other half would be in the sons enigma. However I'm worried that the greenish paint would make them blend in with my fallen Green/black scheme. I still might use the purple and justify it as the war band has fought for Horus since the beginning. Some suggestions on paints from the games-workshop line would be awesome as well! The Tatical Squad from the kit is the least of my concerns. I am worried about how I should Set up My Terminators!

I have plans on converting the Terminators to have the following Load-out
    -Sergent have Combi-Plasma with Power Weapon (CHALLENGE ACCEPTED)
    -2x Combi-Plasma with Power Weapons
    -1x Combi-Plasma with Power Fist
    -1x Heavy Flamer/Reaper with Power Fist[/COLOR]

I do want to purchase another Heavy Support Slot to support the terminators in my list. I was considering purchasing a Land Raider or a Predator, but I'm heavily conflicted! The post above makes me lean even more towards the Land Raider! Terminators can usually show up via a extremely ballsy deep strike and clear out MEQ that are sulking in Cover which is why I'm considering the predator for some anti-armor. After Deep-Striking I can have the terminators Simple hold a objective indefinitely. Either way I get access to another Havoc Launcher for my other Rhino.

I have read the terminator Tactical thread to get an idea on how to equip them! I know my post is quite lengthy but I do need some Hobby Advice/Load out. I've been gathering bits to convert my terminators but I do need help as I want to glue the weapons into place. I've been doing some extensive research, but I wanted someone who has used the codex to help me out!

THANKS!
    Last edited by Hunter245; 08-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Librarian

can say i got in 2 games so far with another 2 lined up this week one was world eater vs world eater mirror lists with a few tweaks here and there and it was bloody and alot of fun. had another match against eldar and i can say i cost myself that match... seeing red does not always equate to victory. can say i did enjoy watching my lord kill feugan as well as a wraith lord as well that was epic combat. now what i can tell you is a land raider is always a good choice but it all is dependant on what you want to put in it if you want me to be honest. their not objective secured but are scoring you can always use them to house a scoring unit for its protection. which i do not agree with doing unless its dire i just dont think a land raider is there or babysit a unit. i look at them as either being used as a battle tank or using them to deliver troops to combat. the other thing i use mine for is additional anti air in a pinch i mean your snap firing with twin linked everything so you do get hits surprisingly.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast