BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51

    Default

    got in a local tournament this weekend and found out alot about the list I have been running as well as chaos in general. I can say I did not feel out classed or out outmatched in any of my games. The list did okay it could have been better but that was more my mess up on not knowing how combat was against chariots as well as the change where a single model can no longer hide in a challenge... those 2 things would have seen kharn and his unit whipe out necron lord on a barge in combat instead of having 7 guys sit there and twiddle their tumbs becuase i issued a challenge with kharn. the other woudl have been against 2 assasisn who i would have killed as well... my lord and kharn were still alive and kicking in each but in a challenge... so lesson learned read and highlight your rule books lol.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    got in a local tournament this weekend and found out alot about the list I have been running as well as chaos in general. I can say I did not feel out classed or out outmatched in any of my games. The list did okay it could have been better but that was more my mess up on not knowing how combat was against chariots as well as the change where a single model can no longer hide in a challenge... those 2 things would have seen kharn and his unit whipe out necron lord on a barge in combat instead of having 7 guys sit there and twiddle their tumbs becuase i issued a challenge with kharn. the other woudl have been against 2 assasisn who i would have killed as well... my lord and kharn were still alive and kicking in each but in a challenge... so lesson learned read and highlight your rule books lol.
    Wait, so your opponent didn't say a thing as 7 of your guys who could of fought didn't?

    So, he only won those fights because of an oversight on your part?


    IMHO, that is poor sportsmanship...

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    Wait, so your opponent didn't say a thing as 7 of your guys who could of fought didn't?

    So, he only won those fights because of an oversight on your part?


    IMHO, that is poor sportsmanship...
    Well it is a new edition and there were alot of subtle rule changes that people are not aware of and are still learning. both players were friendly and they were good games. the blame is mutual i did not know and if they did not tell yes that would be poor sportsmenship but wouldn't it also be as well to assume they cheated instead of simply making a mistake. you live you learn and then you don't make the same mistake in your next match thats all.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

  4. #54

    Default

    The challenge rules state that other models in the combat may only allocate wounds to models in the challenge after all other enemy models locked in the combat have been removed as casualties.(p. 103)
    If there's no one else in the combat, the other models can't attack. Your opponent was right,assuming he had no-one else. Now if you had engaged a Necron warrior squad as well and overkilled them, then the wounds would have flowed in.
    Last edited by mordecai; 09-19-2014 at 06:39 AM.

  5. #55

    Default

    no read your challenge rules again. the necron lord in combat with a single unit. that unit get's to make attacks against the lord or against the chariot. being a single model does not protect you in combat. the unit does get to strike back at their inatiative step. they do not sit there and twidle their thumbs. reread your 7th ed challenge and combat rules. the units no longer just sit there they get to fight. challenges between 6 and 7th have changed.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

  6. #56

    Default

    I used Cultist to great effect before the 7th edition rule drop against my Dark Angels buddy. His Dark Knight bikers that are really an elite choice sitting in fast attack merked a 10 man Berzerker squad in one round of shooting after they got out the rhino. His main tactic of out flanking was undone because I deployed my cultists one along both table edges one inch apart blocking off a huge area. It prevented him from getting into my deployment zone and allowed me to hold my points while he had to come strait up the middle.

  7. #57

    Default

    I am still horrified at the cost to upgrade my thousand son's force organization detachment for chaos in seventh edition. (I dropped out of playing around 5th edition, once the powergaming got big with grey knights) It costed me 192 dollars in the US just to get three obliterators, 6 mutilators, and one chaos sorcerer in terminator armor. Ten models for almost $200 dollars. I found the obliterator and thousand son combination to be good, backed up by a squad of terminators at 2000 points. It worked in 5th edition, and it still works in 7th edition. I use to have plently of AP 2 options to deal with tanks and heavily armored troops in 5th edition. Now thousand sons seem to be anti-marines and anti-mob more than anything with their psychic powers. I know a mono nurgle force probably has better anti-tank options with melta-guns and krak grenades, and probably better melee too in 7th edition, but I am not going to shell out the money just to play a competitive army. I'm the kind of player that tries to run thousand sons in rhinos, so I don't get much out on the board, but I do like their durability. There seem to be much more AP 2 weaponry in Tau and Eldar nowadays, not to mention Imperial Guard. I'll just play with what I have. I heard there is supposed to be a Tzeentch daemonkin codex coming out in June. I would be sorely pissed if obliterators weren't included in that codex.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Blankenship View Post
    I used Cultist to great effect before the 7th edition rule drop against my Dark Angels buddy. His Dark Knight bikers that are really an elite choice sitting in fast attack merked a 10 man Berzerker squad in one round of shooting after they got out the rhino. His main tactic of out flanking was undone because I deployed my cultists one along both table edges one inch apart blocking off a huge area. It prevented him from getting into my deployment zone and allowed me to hold my points while he had to come strait up the middle.
    the block !

  9. #59

    Default

    Very helpful OP. In lower-point games (I only really have the time to play 1000 points) is it worth taking a Rhino with a Havoc Launcher as a poor man's Vindicator/Whirlwind?

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •