BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default So - anyone doing 'art scale' marines?

I'm looking to start a new project at the moment and want to stretch my modeling skills. With that in mind - Has anyone here converted an art scale marine army? Sometimes referred to as 'true scale' or 'actual scale'. Basically a Terminator sized model becomes a standard marine and everything else needs scaled up to match. I'm also wondering if this would still be an allowable tournament army. You can keep the footprint of many models the same but tanks (if used) need to have a slightly larger footprint to look good with the troops.

why should there be problems with bigger tanks? all this means is that its easier to hit and harder to maneuvre.

Chapter-Master

That was my thought. They are actually worse in that way. On the other hand they would block TLOS more often and could provide a marginal increase in a units movement when it deploys. (Especially a larger drop pod)
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 10-09-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Chapter-Master

Sadly, I can't imagine this would be allowed in most tournaments due to 5th edition's move to true LOS and the importance of the smallest amounts of measurement. I think it would look extremely cool, but it would cause so many size issues that some people would throw a fit.

Chapter-Master

Unhappy

Another cool idea put on ice by the rules. I guess I could do artscale and regular vehicles both and let the opponent make the call for each game... or I could just use an all Bike army. It wouldn't affect their footprint at all!
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 10-09-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Chapter-Master

I know, right? I think it's a great idea, though.