BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote81 View Post
    Seems pretty simple. CD have the ultimate alpha strike unit, in that it has no opposing units that it cannot shoot down on it's alpha strike, while also being able to charge on the turn it DS.

Almost no other army in the game right now can perform effective 2nd turn charges.
    not sure what you meant by while also being able to charge on the turn it DS as that's not allowed anywhere except for VV IIRC.

Any army with Drop pods can DS Safer and AlphaStrike just as hard if not harder.

It's about time Daemons got some love, they've been hard up for a while.

If i wanted to use this list for one of next year's 40k Throne of Skulls at Warhammer World, how would you change it to fit 1500pts?
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

i just dont get it. how does the super list deal with flyers? No AA means theres a couple hundred safe points for the enemy. Much more if its the necron airforce.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by rcm2216 View Post
    It is beatable by Grey Knights with Ease..........if you remember that Grey Knights in 6th edition have perferred enemy against Chaos Daemons, meaning you reroll all 1's to hit and wound, plus the Psyk out grenades bring them to initiative 1 in assault when charged.
    Irrelevant. Most anything will win combat against flamers and the majority of this army, preferred enemy or not. Tzeentch sucks in assault, though screamers are nasty. When you get hit with 9D3 wound on a 4+ ignore armor from overwatch, you generally don't successfully reach assault. This is a shooting game until you kill the flamers.

Tactic- Just castle up with a warp quake bubble in side of vehicles are behind them to prevent alpha strike and flamers from hosing down your troops. In this list transports are purely blockers and expendable. After the screamer zoom to your front lines, shoot them up and charge them in combat.
    You can't use Warp Quake if the Daemon player gets first turn. They also have Warp Fire, so even if they can't hit you with the templates they can still hurt you at range.

With flamers shoot them up, but do charge them within 8 inches unless you have an expendable unit near by that can take the template overwatch hits or serve as overwatch bait
    Nice list tailoring there. In practice, most people aren't going to have multiple super-cheap throwaway unit to do this with that are conveniently in exactly the right place to make this happen. They're probably going to have to sacrifice a combat squad of Marines or something, which is still better than a full unit but certainly not cheap.

Just one thing I believe can work.....
    Can work. Just because a list can be beaten doesn't mean it isn't powerful, and all those non-GK players are still in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by rocdocta View Post
    i just dont get it. how does the super list deal with flyers? No AA means theres a couple hundred safe points for the enemy. Much more if its the necron airforce.
    It ignores flyers. It has an aegis line that might kill one or even two enemy flyers if you're lucky, but otherwise, you have so many multi-wound, eternal warrior models with invulnerable saves that you can literally just ignore the enemy flyers because they don't have enough guns to kill you generally.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Flamers and Screamers are seen by many as the two best units in the game right now, funny how a simple White Dwarf update can turn a decent 6th edition army into a near unstoppable wall of death....
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12