BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Simple question.... What exactly would nudie and anatomically correct add to the game?

As for Daemonettes, and this is a tad sexist so I apologise to EG and Gotthammer in advance, women always look better in the their scuddies than out of them. Otherwise Anne Summers, Victorias Secret et all wouldn't be much of a business, nes pas?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I like cheesecake in other parts of my life, so it isn't surprising that I appreciate good cheesecake in my models too. I think the whole discussion is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Simple question.... What exactly would nudie and anatomically correct add to the game?

As for Daemonettes, and this is a tad sexist so I apologise to EG and Gotthammer in advance, women always look better in the their scuddies than out of them. Otherwise Anne Summers, Victorias Secret et all wouldn't be much of a business, nes pas?
    Wow, being associated with me has given you consideration.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Daemon-Prince

Good sir where do i sign up for your news letter? I agree fully Bring back the sexy models and sexy outfits for them!! HERE HERE!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Why are you so sexist? Slaanesh can also be about penis'! You're all sexist!

*Grabs popcorn*
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Iron Father

How about some disgusting looking boobies ? You know the ones.....look like spaniels ears.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    How about some disgusting looking boobies ? You know the ones.....look like spaniels ears.
    Dude. Orc Cheerleader. Right pair of Roofer's Nailbags those.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I wouldn't worry about coming off as sexist by stating your personal preference on something when it comes to women - you aren't saying anything derogatory.

As for what it would 'add' to the game, I don't think there's all that much that it would 'add' per se - it just comes off as uneven in contrast to the grotesque and/or brutal imagery provided elsewhere in the model range. At least as far as Slaanesh is concerned - I understand Slaanesh isn't all about sex, but it's a pretty considerable component of him/her/it.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Scale it back from what? This has always been a game for teenagers and adolescents. There is not a single mature theme in the entire game and, more to the point, Slaanesh has been presented a lot of ways over the years. As a Chaos God you can not say what it's all about or even if it exists.
    Scaled back from the old miniatures is what I meant, specifically. The old Daemonettes (I'm not sure which edition the models are from), and older Slaaneshi models in general tended to be more provocative.

The gradual push toward self-censorship over the years is something that I personally find a bit irksome.

I for one would consider the graphic violence presented in the game (particularly the artwork and background) to be a mature theme - but then, as I've said, I differ from society at large in that I see equal/less harm in a child being exposed to the odd bit of nudity (we're all naked underneath, for Emperor's sake) over horrific, brutal graphic violence.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Nurgle isn't all about disease either, it's just the most iconic visually representable thing that Nurgle stands for. Same with Slaanesh - it's not that the god is about sex, it's just that excessive sexual characteristics are the most iconic visually representable thing that Slaanesh stands for.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast