BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm looking forward to Morathi getting a sculpt that actually looks nice eventually, bare breasts or not. GW did actually produce, in very limited numbers, a few varieties of Witch Elf with bare breasts. Well one bare per model. I managed to get one by going on a date with a managers son. They were never sold though, just seemed to be somethicg kicking around the factory for a while.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    I do like that pic :P

Speaking of Dark Elf Devils Dumplings - [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440048a&prodId=prod1610 024a[/url]
    we don't have slaanesh because this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slaanesh.jpeg 
Views:	209 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	3160

scares small children and grown men alike

EDIT: smooth move eldargal
    Last edited by daboarder; 10-30-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Frankly this - GW sells mainly to kids aged 11-16. A lot of gamers have a lull between the ages of 15-24 where they discover alcohol, maybe drugs and women. Then they go back to gaming. Not saying that's how it always goes, but it did for a LOT of the guys I know, and some of the girls. So more adult themes in terms of sex and sexuality would be popular.

GW wants parents to be ok with their products as has been said. I would welcome lots of boobs, frankly, and I like the provocative nature of models like Morathi, some of the Wych Cult models in DE and so on. But maybe it's a line that FW should be taking, as a more mature wing of the company.

I for one would pay for more sexy models, and I don't see it being a problem in portraying Slaaneshi models as seductive, enticing and sexual models - it's hard to portray other forms of excess in a miniature, aside from perhaps in the way you paint them. Boobs, genitals and suggestive poses would be great for adult gamers - imagine how terrifying a unit of big breasted daemons with large bobbing erect penises would be?

Anyway, I think that the strength of the 40K female is reflected very well and not overly sexually in the Sisters of Battle - I agree that not all women in Sci-Fi/Fantasy should be sexualised, but frankly it's a male-dominated hobby and those elements are going to be there.
    Last edited by Unzuul the Lascivious; 10-30-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Addition

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Unzuul the Lascivious View Post
    I agree that not all women in Sci-Fi/Fantasy should be sexualised, but frankly it's a male-dominated hobby and those elements are going to be there.
    What? Why? Where?

Currently I can't think of anywhere in the model ranges where there's a tremendous amount of one-sided sexualization. Where is -does- show up on the models it tends to be pretty even-handed - Sigvald the Magnificent, Blood Angel artificer armour and DE Wyches are all there to represent where male sexuality is concerned.

You're also assuming that a male-dominated hobby is specifically dominated by heterosexual males which, while statistically likely, is hardly fair. :P

But I guess my overall point was: so what if it's a male-dominated hobby? I don't think anyone here was arguing for more sexualized female models/art (particularly in relation to male models/art) in the games - nor should they. It was just a bit of grumping about the childish manner in which sexuality is handled (or rather not handled) compared to violence which, as EG pointed out, is a societal/cultural issue and not GW's fault.

Still bugs a lot of people though - myself included, and from time to time grumping will occur.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Well, the new WHFB Slaanesh steeds have a conga line of human-ish mammaries running down their neck, so it's not completely gone...

At the same time, the "God of Boobies" reputation that Slaanesh has acquired is, frankly, lame, and gives off this quivering, virginal stench - something the wargaming set really doesn't need more of. The best Slaanesh material blends the line between disturbing and alluring, initially alienating but interesting on further inspection. A buxom lass with a couple of crab claws just doesn't do it.

Chapter-Master

Slaanesh material blends the line between disturbing and alluring, initially alienating but interesting on further inspection.
    See I think the Diaz Daemonettes did that much better than the steads with bolted on bewbs as an afterthought.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Fly Lord

Don't forget children...

You cant see boobies, because:
    Boobies lead to arousal
    Arousal leads to sex
    Sex leads to VD (only if you're not married)
    VD kills you (see above disclaimer)

So stop with your lewd demand for miniature boobies. Are you suicidal?

This community message brought to you by your 1955 Sex Ed teacher
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

The way I always thought of Slaanesh(especially Daemonettes) when reading about them in the old books were of horrifying Daemons that exuded this aura of allure that enchanted those around them. In that fashion, the current plastics, or the really old metals would seem to portray their true appearance, whereas I felt that the Juan Diaz ones were more seductive in a way that might portray how them might appear to say, an Imperial Guardsmen, before their true appearance is revealed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Don't forget children...

You cant see boobies, because:
    Boobies lead to arousal
    Arousal leads to sex
    Sex leads to VD (only if you're not married)
    VD kills you (see above disclaimer)

So stop with your lewd demand for miniature boobies. Are you suicidal?

This community message brought to you by your 1955 Sex Ed teacher

Seems legit

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Because sculpting seduction is difficult. I have yet to see a 'seductive' or half naked model that doesn't make me think I'm in some weird otaku lair.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast