BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Feedback on a 28mm Bike from Curious Constructs

I was'nt quite sure where to post this to get the best/most feedback, so I'm posting here, please move it if somewhere else would be better!

I've been running my own little miniature business for the past few months, dealing almost exclusively in bits which I've sculpted to go alongside my own hobby projects, but I've recently been working with someone else to bring out a 28mm heroicly scaled bike for non-super human figures.

This is getting to the stage now were its almost time to think about taking it to the printers, and then the casters, but before that I'm after some feedback on the design.

All offerings appreciated!

The mirrors may or may not make the final cut, depending on if we can do them justice in casting, to make them viable this may become a combination resin/metal kit with the handbars in metal the rest in resin.

Also the saddle is being adjusted to be a little narrower.

There is optional stowage which is'nt shown in this picture, but it is still included, just they are seperate components for flexibility.
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Occuli Imperator

That looks awesome. I think it would go really well as count-as rough riders in a Death Korps of Krieg, obviously have to "aquilla it up". But looks truely great. I hope the casts look as good as the image
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

You MUST make these... Very reminiscent of the old Vincent Blackshadow bike of the 50's. Very cool, and I would totally use these for my Astartes if they're sized right.

Doesn't look sci-fi or gothic enough for 40k. Otherwise, it is a fine bike.

Brother-Captain

While I like the 'You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda" joke I think the wing on the tank can go. I like it a lot though but I've a raging softspot for early bikes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well if you make these bikes it will save me converting some for my krieg army will defo put an order in if you end up making these and if you add a side cart option at some point with enough room for a heavy stubber/bolter then that would be great, If it turns out as good as the other products on curious constructs then I am sure you won't struggle to sell them.

One thing I'd suggest is maybe considering something other than spokes for the wheel hubs. I think they're going to come out looking like slabs if this is intended as a 1-pc cast.

It looks nice. I'm not complaining about spokes but I think some people will.
    I've never been a fan of the fatbike look of GW, this looks much better at least as a CG model.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Librarian

Love it! Seems like a good candidate for my Nob Bikers...

Looks good, but how do you steer it?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    Looks good, but how do you steer it?
    Robot magic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast