BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Allies pros and cons

Just another morning of random thoughts!! I was thinking of running a Necron and Ork list, then i was thinking how fun it would be. Low tech with super tech. I see fun times with allies and i see getting beat up like a red headed step child! ( if you're a red headed step child you'll get over it ) Just wondering who else has made some fun list.

Chapter-Master

I thought Americans didn't take the piss out of gingers like we do? O_o
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 10-30-2012 at 05:53 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

You know that Top Gear episode where they try to drive across Alabama with inflammatory messages on their cars? That part of the country.

Chapter-Master

Oh did they show that stateside? lol

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I had a good laugh. It is on netflix at least I dunno if they aired it normally though.

Brother-Captain

It was on the clip show last night. Since BBC America is mostly Top Gear, Kitchen Nightmares (both shows), and Star Trek: the Next Generation it's what I've been watching the last couple of weeks.

Chapter-Master

let me guess - Cron Air crossed with Nob Bikers? Actually doesn't sound any fun to me.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I am all for Allies that make story sense, and against Allies that don't. Necrons and Orks sound too much like that 'C' word for my liking...

Playing with Eldar, i don't even bother. Tried SW´s, but, njah, too marine for my taste. It might be also, that my FLGS doesn't have a player with Dark Eldar or Tau. If there was, then maybe. I´ve heard good things about the dark kin teaming up with the jollier one...

Great thing with allies: In many cases you can run a new, small collection alongside your main one, in order to test out some things and see how they work, still playing games even when you don't have too much of the new stuff. And the testing means you can get into a new army carefully without having to go really big with something that you may not end up liking.

This is how I'm planning to build up some Eldar when the new book hits, at least.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast