BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ah, I see. I misunderstood what you were saying about your math. If that was your procedure I think you've got as good a points value as you can get without playtesting.

The actual overall power level seems perfectly reasonable to me, yeah.

Battle-Brother

Gravy, thanks Nabterayl.

Still interested in other opinions, just in case i missed something I think he needs some thorough playtesting before i'll know for sure...to the gaming group he shall go...

One thing (if i didn't miss it discussed already) to note especially in GK codex when talking about points is that you scale the points of a ranged weapon based on BS of the model getting it.

Just for example: (most notably in psycannons, but others can be seen aswell)

BS 4, weapons value 5 points
    BS 5, weapons value 15 points

So, if you take point references from a BS 4 unit, and use them for BS 5 unit, you are "as per codex design philosophy", paying too little for the upgrades..
    ------------------

Or if you are enough into math, you can calculate the appropriate percentages. I did MC for guard, and gave it among other things hurricane hellgun (practically 3x TL hot shot lasguns). Then i calculated the percentage rises for stats (regular guardsman elite soldier to MC pilot, similar to iirc Paladin -> Dreadknight). And same for weapons (it was a bit easier, since there are hot shot profiles in hencmen from GK dex).

After that i rounded all prices up, to nearest 5 or 10 (but still always upwards). Partly to make sure that any errors on my part to the design were hindering me, and not asswiping my opponent

And ofcourse there were one special rule for this Unit that had to be costed in aswell..

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    One thing (if i didn't miss it discussed already) to note especially in GK codex when talking about points is that you scale the points of a ranged weapon based on BS of the model getting it.
    A good point, Sir, and well made. many thanks

I needs to look at the pointing again...possibly taking up to 245 points.

*gets out a calculator*

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by WillyRapier View Post
    I assume you're referring to the 2nd(?) edition GK models,
    RT GK AND 2nd ed models were ONLY terminators. Grey Knights in power armour did not exist as miniatures until the 3rd ed Daemonhunters codex made them so.
    RT ones were mostly the more-engraving-covered librarian terminators with empty hands and a halberd with built in bolt weapon - some had a long hafted sword or short-hafted spear with built in bolt weapon, though (and a different sculpt for the bodies)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12