BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Space Marines, love them or hate them, loyal or chaos. Does not matter they are the money makers for GW and I for one 'am glad to see another SM dex come out. Be it BA's or DA's or a combination matters not 'cause space marines IMHO are the koolest toys to ever be released by GW, just my two bolters rounds worth tho'.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I absolutely love how everyone thinks that GW's only product or purpose in the world is to produce codexes and miniatures for THEIR army. Guess what people, GW have 3 CORE GAMES that they work on continuously. The same writers, sculptors, painters etc. have to devote time spread across those three games. So when everyone is busy complaining about a "easy" upgrade and half written dex, maybe that is because GW is busy redoing the whole line of skaven, or chaos dwarves, or War of the Ring, or new scenery.

Just because there may only be 3 big releases a year for YOUR game, as a company they have to have 9 big releases across all of their brands. So cut them some slack for a change.
    I agree. Most people don't realize just how much work GW has on its hands, and how few people there are to do that work.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

If you consider LOTR to be a game system and not a complete waste of time and money! lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

I am excited by the blood angel codex. My first army was a blood angels army, and I remember defending the river styx in 2nd Edition boxed set missions. The White Dwarf codex is frankly sad in comparison to other proper dexes. The 13 year old in me has been truly reawoken.

I am quite breathless with the rate of 40k material that has been pumped out recently and was impressed to see how quickly the Wolves Codex flew off the shelves so it seems that there is the appetite for the boys from Baal. The Blood angel minatures in Space Hulk alone really do cry out for a codex to tie up what seems to be a loose end.

It is as if GW is tidying up their older classic armies - there are a surprising number of space wolf and blood angel players comming out of the woodwork because of those armies have been more emeshed in the fabric of the hobby. GW seems happier to relegate the newer armies - necrons, dark eldar and tau. I note how the wolves, blood angels and ultamarines also boast very strong black libruary support (I hated the BA books myself).

On a different angle, when the 5th edition rule book was brought out I was really fascinated by the 'end of times' concept and that there was a new era of battle, a sense that there was a climatic bringing together of threads. It seems that the Ba and other marine dex'es cannot fully engage with this - I know the wolves have the 'wolf time' thing, but really it is the really destructive forces such as nids and necrons that can really bring this across. I think these two codexes will introduce, with Dark Eldar (being an example of the legacy of a previous era of apocalypse), the greatest 40k plot movement.

Perhaps these two factors - 1. avoiding the natural 40k storyline denoument that the most powerful xenos codexes represent / encourage and 2. having old threads of profitable lines to easily clean up as a conveinient distraction - are the reasons that the table tops are missing the stronger Xenos presence that most gamers want to see.

I want to see more xeos and villains as they are the fundamental protagonists.
    In order to make the BA and other forces of imperial (human) light shine we need truly dark forces to set them off in an evocative chiaroscuro which has been promised in 5th ed, but has not been, so far, delivered.

Will I be able to use this book for Blood Ravens?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Will I be able to use this book for Blood Ravens?
    You can use whatever book you want as long as you're consistent about it. I'd imagine that Codex: Space Marines would be the best fit though, especially if you were to run, say, a "counts as" Tigurius to represent the power of the Blood Ravens' Librarians.

Scout

I am a big fan of all marines being consistent. People always complain about "more marines" well, if they are gonna then all of em better have the neat toys.

I hope the templars get an update soon, I havn't crusaded in quite a while. but the blood angels getting updated is good news.

I'd just like to see wargear made consistent... Storm Shields should be the same in every Imperial army...

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the BA.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Hespithe View Post
    I'd just like to see wargear made consistent... Storm Shields should be the same in every Imperial army...
    They're workin' on it, one book at a time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    They're workin' on it, one book at a time.
    I hope GW decides updating all the wargear options is important enough to finally do a Daemonhunters Dex. We still have the REALLY old storm shields, that can only be used against one other enemy model in combat, not just getting a 4+ invulnerable save in CC.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast