BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

"The GD Spain presentation was given by Robin Cruddace...Cruddace was asked about the Space Wolves, and while not giving out a launch date, he did confirm the Studio was working on not only the Wolves, but the Blood Angels and Black Templars."

I think they're just keeping us guessing.

I'm not too worried one way or another, right now Marshal2Crusaders we get the best smoke launchers in the game! So good that we stick our fingers in the collective eyes of melta spammers everywhere!

I like our codex, drop pods that can fire when the land

OH the joy of three Drop pods landing and firing their death wind launchers into the Nid hordes!

So we're sitting pretty for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Okay, so not Templars or Dark Angels. How the heck did you make the leap to Chaos Legions, though? What is it that makes you think of Chaos and not another race?
    Well by going by the wil you cry or not speach, it looks like no BT or DA. What other SM is it going to be? Even Harry admitted that he ment anthour SM chapter as the "other half" of his speach.

So what other SM do we have left then? Inquisitors seemed like a no, BT and DA seem like a no now, so who else?

but then someone brought up that the IG and Tyranid writer Cruddence I believe, said when he was at GD Spain, that SW would be released, and BA and BT were being worked on as well.

Maybe the speach about crying for BT is just to throw us off maybe? Remeber it's suppose to be a Fantasy year, but if you thought SM were being brought out, we have seen nothing yet next year, as was said form various people. (sorry forgot who said what)

Must be an independent Sallies dex, lol.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    ...I meant that Blood Angels were only half the Space Marines we were going to see next year."...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal2Crusaders View Post
    ...Alessio said Templats and Dark Angels are not even on the table at GDI so my guess is a Legion Codex, mire than likely World Eaters first...
    Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    ...So what other SM do we have left then? Inquisitors seemed like a no, BT and DA seem like a no now, so who else?...
    A CSM Legion Codex would be immensely appreciated and would really put some truth into the "We will make CSM Legion Codices" talk, that still only looks like desperate damage control. World Eaters or Death Guard would most likely be the first one yea, the Designstudio really likes skulls and rot more then boobs and magic for some reason

This would probably also bring the FW Daemonengines of those two gods more into the real 40k game, and at least give an inch of hope to all God-specific army players that codex "chaos pirates in power armour" will be a lost memory in the future

Veteran-Sergeant

What if it’s not a Chaos Legions codex, but is actually the 5th edition Chaos Space Marine codex? The current one is not that old I know, but there has been considerable backlash against it and perhaps GW is listening? Perhaps they are feeling it in the wallet as sales of Chaos Marines are not where they feel they should be?
    I’ve stated my feeling on “Legion” codices in the past and I’m not really against the idea, but really feel they need to be divergent enough from each other (and C:CSM)to warrant separate books. A single volume with all the traitor legions getting a special character the “mod” the army list in some way would be a simpler solution and allow the mono-god people to have their Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
    and at least give an inch of hope to all God-specific army players that codex "chaos pirates in power armour" will be a lost memory in the future
    Hey, my "chaos pirates in power armour" resent that remark! I've been waiting form Codex: Red Corsairs for years and now that I have it; you wanna make it a "lost memory"? You better hope you never find yourself in the Maelstrom buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Bigred, the more I thought about this the more it
    made sense... I agree that the direction they take won't be close-combat killy. But it will be more like fast assault, I could see some mean fast assault tricks like first turn charges, or maybe something nasty like assault launchers on rhinos, fast assault makes tons of sense.
    Back on topic; It’s sounding like May will be the month for BA!

Fast Assault? Well, they've pretty much achieved this with the over-charged engines rules making BA Rhinos Fast. Stripped down Land Raiders? Like, take the TL-lascannons off and make it Fast as well? Would that not anger the machine spirit within? I mean Land Raiders already get the benefits of being Fast with the POTMS so I’d be very interested in seeing what “stripped down means. I don’t re-call those Data Sheets; if someone can point me to a source?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fleet in the codex somewhere, but isn’t that sort of rubbing the Raven Guard’s rhubarb?

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Chapter-Master

I haven't heard any "considerable backlash" against the vanilla marine 'dex. Some people have complained that there are too many Imperial 'dexs being released back to back, but overall, the vanilla marine 'dex has been well accepted.

Now, on the other hand, if they were to make a new vanilla marine 'dex, what 9-10 months after the last one, THAT would get a considerable backlash from the community.

Either way, I'm just waiting for a new Grey Knight codex.

EDIT: Ooops, misread Dosadi's post and thought he was talking about Loyalist Marines, not Chaos ones. Heh, ummm, I'll start paying attention now.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 10-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Must be an independent Sallies dex, lol.
    We already have that!

www.evildice40k.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post
    We already have that!
    I couldn't help but giggle a bit at this because it's so true. Codex: Vulkan and Friends!

Scout

hahahaha, vulkan and friends is lovely, Yea i do recall those datafaxes for the fast land raiders. The fluff behind it was that by using thunder hawk transporters, the chapter could strike immediately against speed freak columns by deploying fast predators and land raiders full of tac marines from tree top height. so manly it has to be painted red.

Brother-Captain

Is it possible that the "other half" is the Raven Guard minidex from Forgeworld?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast