BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Except Sisters of Battle. Well, someone had to say it.
    Well you "trumped" Melissa on that one, eldargirl! LoL
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post
    This forum has a lot of members that contribute nothing to the conversation.
    So sad, but true. I think it goes without saying that I am very happy to see a BA codex. I had my hopes of what space hulk meant and it looks like I was heard! As far as other codifies go, there will always be ones on the bottom of the update cycle, so unless your still stubbornly hanging on to your main army of DE then you can't complain.

Duke

ps- it isn't threadjacking when everyone knows it is coming... Is like saying a bus is hijacked when the same old crazy bag lady gets on at the same stop evryday.

Battle-Brother

What I would really like to see happen, is the removal of marked marines from the Chaos Marine Codex. Then make a "Forces of Chaos" 40K codex.

In this, Marked Marines would be even more powerfull than they are now, but would also be Elite choices. The Troops would be made up of Cultist. The cultist might be different depending which mark your army has. Defilers would have a place in this, and perhaps some Captured IG tanks. or maybe even some new vehicles all together.

In other words, I would like to see a Chaos Army more in line with the forces of Chaos that you read about in the 40K novels such as Guants Ghosts, or Ciaphais Caine novels.

This would create a non Imperial army that is also not dominated by 3+ saves.

Chaplain

That's nice. What does it have to do with the Blood Angels, exactly?

www.evildice40k.com

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post
    That's nice. What does it have to do with the Blood Angels, exactly?
    Blood for the Bloo...

Wait, wrong thread.

Chapter-Master

can blod angels go emo( dark angel) slit their wrists and do a blood sacrifice to summon khorne because blood angels need khorne flakes to start a murderous day (HERSEY)

back on topic it could be cool to have like hulk(boarding termies (aka flamers+chainfists) and a DC that have Uber stats (dont they become like sanglius) or chaplain scouts (and mech wings like their primarch= [url]http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-angel-p-179.html[/url] )

also just flicked through HH:collected visions their is a fire chariot on P181

Finaly Fix Tycho!

thanks

Fuzzbuket

P.s.subject keyword do you like smurfs/ wolfs and does little subject want to be a big boy?
    p.p.s. whos DE
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

I’m not all that excited about these rumours as they pretty much just confirm what we’ve all come to expect from a codex release.

New plastic set? Every marine release has had one so far…so ya. We can speculate from the space hulk releaser that these will be ornate suits as the BA are long lived and known artisans it would also fit the fluff and give them their “unique” angle.

A “top notch” assault army? Assault Squads as troops? The current WD list gives you this option already and they’ve been an assault based army since 2nd Edition. I expect Furious Charge on Veteran Assault Squads. Perhaps the Rage ability on Death Company that don’t have a Chaplain leading them?

Options similar to Grey Hunters? Like most marine squads? This hardly seems like news. Now if BA assault squads got something like Inferno Pistols and hand flamers as options I’d get excited.

Vortex of Blood sounds cool, but it also seems very much like Canis’ ability. It would fit with the BA “vampiric” nature though. I hope we get some very cool non-Twilight vampire powers.

Mephiston should be bad ***. Bring back his “Gaze” as a natural ability and he should be S5 T5 base. This guy has conquered the Red Thirst and emerged as something beyond a normal marine Librarian now. I could easily see this guy being 250+points and able to take on Abbadon…maybe.

Dante should be an Eternal Warrior. He’s been Chapter Master for what, 600 years now? Other than that I think his current rules work really well. Maybe make the Death Mask not work on Fearless models. Why my Avatar should give a s*** about this guy’s mask is beyond me. The 12” preferred enemy bubble works well within the fluff and really gives armies led by Dante a punch in assault. Rites of Battle I see going away. Marines have a new Leadership system with all squads having a veteran with Ld 9. In 4th edition Rites of battle meant marines almost never fell back. I’m glad they took it away in favor of something more interesting (combat tactics, etc.). Although it might be replaced in Dante with a 12” Stubborn bubble; something to put him on par with the other Marine Chapter masters out there; WS7 anyone?

Tycho should have his Digital Weapons returned and Preferred Enemy: Orks. Something else to make him more than just a poorly armed Captain?

Carbullo is good the way he is. If Furious Charge becomes a standard ability on some units then the Grail needs to do something new…hrmmmm…+1 Attack (Chapter Relic)? I can see him becoming an upgrade character for an Honour Guard (command) squad instead of an independent character.

Lemartes needs a new model…period.

New Independent Characters? And I hope some squad upgrade characters. I really like this aspect of the newer codices.

TBH, I feel like these rumours are more speculation that hard facts. March does fit in with what I’ve heard. Afterall, we’ve got Tyranids and Beastmen between now and then.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Occuli Imperator

I just really hope that Corbulo gets some kind of gear. I mean seriously, this guy carries the blood of Sanguinius and all they can give him is power armour and a chainsword/ bolt pistol, what the heck... No Artificer armour? no power weapon? "Sgt. Calistus here is your power weapon." "What about mine?" "Sorry Corbulo, you don't get a power weapon... You get a cup!" Its almost like they want this guy to die.

Duke

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    "Sgt. Calistus here is your power weapon." "What about mine?" "Sorry Corbulo, you don't get a power weapon... You get a cup!" Its almost like they want this guy to die.
    LOL

The problem is they are restricted by the 2nd edition model. So unless they are going to make a new one which I don't think they need to do as the Jes' Blood Angel models are still some of the nicest marines out there. Dante, Corbullo, Mephiston and Tycho are great models and do not need a re-sculpt. I'd rather they put the resources into a new Lemartes (who was sculpted by Mike McVey; one of his first sculpts ever) and some new never before seen characters.

Do we think BA might get Ironclads? They should certainly have Venerables. Maybe give Furiosos a boost since they are currently outmatched by the Ironclads. 4 attacks? Preferred Enemy? Furious Charge giving them I5? Here’s my speculation; they are going to re-tool the old Dreadnought sprue to provide all available options in the one kit like the Ironclad. We will see the twin-linked heavy flamer added in as an option as it’s available in the Space Wolf codex along with extras armour bits and chapter specific bits like on the drop pod. A right arm DCCW for Furiosos would be an easy addition as well considering how much they were able to pack onto the Ironclad frames.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Occuli Imperator

I kind of don't want to see an Ironcald for BA. I would like to see some crazyness for the Furioso, but I like the Ironclad being something specific to the C:SM. I think a Furiosos Death Co dread with Preferred enemy/ Furious charge is disgusting.

Roumors are that BA will get a "BAAL LandRaider." with 3 twinlinked Assault cannons.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast