BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

No way we're that lucky. Next thing you tell me there'll be Raven Guard DECALS in boxes.

Occuli Imperator

Back on topic:

What does everyone think about VAS getting 'heroic intervention,'? And if they did would you even still use them with jump packs? As it is right now my VAS run in a rhino, I don't think I will run them with jump packs unless they can reroll scatter on Deep Striking... I used to love my 2 M. gun and 1 Combi melta VAS squad deepstirking behined enemy lines.

Duke

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Back on topic:

What does everyone think about VAS getting 'heroic intervention,'? And if they did would you even still use them with jump packs? As it is right now my VAS run in a rhino, I don't think I will run them with jump packs unless they can reroll scatter on Deep Striking... I used to love my 2 M. gun and 1 Combi melta VAS squad deepstirking behined enemy lines.
    I think they may get something like Heroic Intervention. However, I’d like to see them come up with something more unique for the VAS so they aren’t just a clone of the Vanguard Vets.
    Perhaps the Blood Angels will get a “Thunderhawk Assault” rule similar to the drop pod rule where half of your Deep Strikers arrive Turn One as they drop from low flying Thawks. Maybe this will even allow them to drop vehicles? Skilled Rider (Jumper) on the VAS would be good.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Fly Lord

OK guys,

Here is the Fast Armored Strike Force for the Blood Angels that many forgot about from a year or so ago. In partular, read the fluff and hints about how this strike force has since influenced Blood Angel vehicle design... Hint,hint perhaps...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440054_Space_Marines_Datasheet_-_Lucifer_Armoured_Force.pdf[/url]

@Dosadi
    I think one of the interesting features of the armored force is it is described as being deployed by Thunderhawk DIRECTLY into battle (represented by deepstriking). If you want a concrete example of blitzkreig warfare and innovative Blood Angel combat doctrine, there it is in black and white.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Occuli Imperator

After looking at that data sheet again I can't help but think how disgusting it would be to have Blood Angels transports enter the battle Via Deep Strike... Entering play like a drop pod and then moving like a fast transport would be sickening.

Im imagining deep striking VAS who assault right after deep striking as well as deep striking transports... This would really represent a "fast assault force,"

The only problem is that now the Eldar are the slow ones. lol

Duke

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Back on topic:

Duke
    I don't think the odds of them getting Heroic Intervention AND reroll of the scatter dice are very good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I don't think the odds of them getting Heroic Intervention AND reroll of the scatter dice are very good.
    Yes, but I have two points:
    1. The odds of heroic intervention being invented at all was low (One would have thought)
    2. I am Extremely biased, so I allowed to talk about the smallest of odds as if it was a certainty... It's like a rule.

Duke (mi polabra es la ley)

Chaplain

I still wish vet assault squads had got jumppack assault, charge in the movement phase using your jumppack move instead(and take a dangerous terrain test too perhaps since bodies count :P) but gain furious charge. Would have been so much cooler and useful

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    I still wish vet assault squads had got jumppack assault, charge in the movement phase using your jumppack move instead(and take a dangerous terrain test too perhaps since bodies count :P) but gain furious charge. Would have been so much cooler and useful
    Are you saying this: 12" jump pack move, 12" assault? but with a dangerous terrain test when assaulting.

Duke

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    OK guys,

Here is the Fast Armored Strike Force for the Blood Angels that many forgot about from a year or so ago. In partular, read the fluff and hints about how this strike force has since influenced Blood Angel vehicle design... Hint,hint perhaps...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440054_Space_Marines_Datasheet_-_Lucifer_Armoured_Force.pdf[/url]

@Dosadi
    I think one of the interesting features of the armored force is it is described as being deployed by Thunderhawk DIRECTLY into battle (represented by deepstriking). If you want a concrete example of blitzkreig warfare and innovative Blood Angel combat doctrine, there it is in black and white.
    SAVED!

Thanks Bigred, appreciate the link. That's a pretty cool datasheet.

As for the 12" assault but with a dangerous terrain test, I'd rather see them get fleet instead honestly. Just my two copper coins there.

Take care everyone,

-RT-

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast