BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default World Eaters 1850

I'm playing in a tournament in a few weeks and was hoping for some advice on my list. It's not set in stone but I like playing a really themed list. I am aware I probably won't be the top player but that doesnt mean I want to get crushed in every game. I want to make a mostly asassault army work. be appreciated.

Kharn the Betrayer
    8 Berzerkers- Champion w/ Lightning Claws, Veterans of the Long War, Icon of Wrath, 7 Chain Axes-Rhino- Dirge Caster
    8 Berzerkers- Champion w/ Lightning Claws, Veterans of the Long War, Icon of Wrath, 7 Chain Axes-Rhino- Dirge Caster
    10 cultists- autoguns, heavy stubber, mark of khorne
    10 cultists- shotgun, flamer, mark of khorne
    Heldrake- Baleflamer2 Obliterators- Mark of Khorne, Veterans of the Long War
    Maulerfiend- Lasher Tendrils
    Defiler- power scourge, dirge caster, warpflame gargoyles

It comes out to about 1837 so I have room and can still adjust. I like to keep the theme with MoK and Veterans. Let me know what you think I should change or keep! Is Kharn good or should I go with a marked lord?Twizted86Traitor*Posts:*13Joined:*Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:45 pmLocation:*San Diego, CA

Scout

kharn is a beast and 9 times out of ten he eats a full squad of shooty termies on the charge. His problem is getting the charge, this is his weakness because to get full use out of him he needs a land raider (230pts).

Now a lot of people are dropping vehicles in the days of 6th because they are apparently, easy to kill. This is rubbish, an AV14 all round tank moving towards you at 18" a turn is by no means easy to kill, especially if your one of those vehicle haters packin massed plasma. You only have to survive one turn of shooting then he is in, with 8 zerkies, with hatred.... need I go on?

Not a lot of plastic dudesmen can dish out 7 str 7 ap2 hits at I5, with 2's to hit re-roll. That even makes the likes of abaddon and draigo shiver, all for 160pts?
    Last edited by The Plumber; 11-03-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: bad spelling!