BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Fellblade, Realm of Battle and more from the Frog World

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff"]New stuff here[/URL].

Have I complained enough about the slab tracks yet? No? Ok, let me continue then:

They are HIDEOUS! How's that thing supposed to go up hill? Rocket thrusters? Winch?

You'd think the boutique that is FW would be able handle a smidge of detail, even just some grooves. No?
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Banned

It's a retro throwback to the original Land Raider's tracks.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitorsog View Post
    Have I complained enough about the slab tracks yet? No? Ok, let me continue then:

They are HIDEOUS! How's that thing supposed to go up hill? Rocket thrusters? Winch?

You'd think the boutique that is FW would be able handle a smidge of detail, even just some grooves. No?
    I like this, simply because it shows what breaks you out of silly time. It's not the smoke stacks letting the rain in, the slab of side armor begging for a missile hit. It's the lack of treads on the tracks in a universe where anti-grav stuff is ubiquitous. Nothing wrong with that, it's just fun seeing it.

In the interest of full disclosure mine are the magazines on new GK stormbolters and turbine intakes on hardware designed for use in a vacuum. They're silly I know, but I can't stop staring at them like "huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I like this, simply because it shows what breaks you out of silly time.
    I just realized that those side hatches look like they go right through where the track wheels run on the other side of the armor plating.

Either way, this is a neat throwback to the old Rogue Trader-style vehicles, and since we play a game set in "the grim darkness of the far future", I try not to let realism get in my way of enjoying things.

I think what bothers me a little more is they look so thick and plain. You've got little details all over, and then the tracks look like something a hobbyist doing their first real kit bash did when they couldn't find a track piece to use. It's a change in level of detail that jumps out at me and whacks me over the head with a power maul. Compare the main guns. they've even got sprockets on the elevation pivot.

I realize it's retro, but not retro-good.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Initiate

Biggest problem I see with those tracks is functionality...they'd never drag that behemoth across a battlefield let alone get if off the landing craft...FAIL FW

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    It's a retro throwback to the original Land Raider's tracks.
    An excuse for laziness.

Banned

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    An excuse for laziness.
    I really think they are trying to keep with the style of the Original Rogue Trader Vehicle kits on these Horus Heresy Vehicles. It's supposed to make older 40k Gamers like me want to pony up the outrageous money they want for this crap.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast