BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

I've just realised that they cocked up on their Legion rhino doors, they've made them for standard rhino and not the MKIC Deimos Rhino (the one with the round side doors). also £280 for 4 2'X2' is a rip off compared to the £175 6 2'X2' for the stanard Realms board. the only model i would consider from this heresy range is a Lorgar model, otherwise way too expensive for my blood.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    I've just realised that they cocked up on their Legion rhino doors, they've made them for standard rhino and not the MKIC Deimos Rhino (the one with the round side doors). also £280 for 4 2'X2' is a rip off compared to the £175 6 2'X2' for the stanard Realms board. the only model i would consider from this heresy range is a Lorgar model, otherwise way too expensive for my blood.
    You say that now. I for one am extremely excited to begin my heresy era wolves.

I'm also very glad I don't know enough tanks and treads to be bothered by these things; I can just enjoy the models.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

I'm actually really tempted by the board. My RoB gets a heap of use, and these are cheaper for Australian's then the RoB.

I couldn't give a **** about whether slab tracks wouldn't work, it looks great and its bloody scifi for gods sake. Going to order a fellblade and 6 city board sections.

Remember the FW game board tiles are resin, not plastic like GWs. They are produced in small quantities and don't have the kind of economy of scale that the RoB set has, so they are more expensive as a result. Comparing the two without taking that into consideration is just stupid.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 11-03-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    You say that now. I for one am extremely excited to begin my heresy era wolves.

I'm also very glad I don't know enough tanks and treads to be bothered by these things; I can just enjoy the models.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I'm actually really tempted by the board. My RoB gets a heap of use, and these are cheaper for Australian's then the RoB.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I couldn't give a **** about whether slab tracks wouldn't work, it looks great and its bloody scifi for gods sake. Going to order a fellblade and 6 city board sections.

Remember the FW game board tiles are resin, not plastic like GWs. They are produced in small quantities and don't have the kind of economy of scale that the RoB set has, so they are more expensive as a result. Comparing the two without taking that into consideration is just stupid.
    And this.

Seriously, can't anyone be happy in this hobby?

"oh no, tracks don't work"

It's sci-fi, anything is possible, chill the hell out!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

The problem with the treads is just that they are so obvious and they certainly don't have to look that way. The Thunderhawk not being able to fly is forgivable. Space Marines having to very awkwardly reload is forgettable. But the treads on this tank are the same as a car with no tires. We are cool with motorcycles flying and bugs growing to the size of houses, but a tank using treads that doesn't have any actual treads is just too close to the line.

Regarding prices, unless there is child labor, radiation dumping, or war crimes, why they are more expensive is really irrelevant to the vast majority of consumers. The simple fact is that it costs more without offering enough. For such a hefty tag, the sections that they have right now are really nothing special. I am all for over-the-top, extra-expensive Forgeworld goods, but I had better be able to look at it and say 'wow.'

The jet-penises in the picture are always good for a laugh, though.

Have you actually looked at the pictures? There is a great deal of detail and city boards are surprisingly difficult to make well, these are well worth it.
    Last edited by eldargal; 11-03-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think the slab tracks look great!

They actually did that so people would't convert regular rhino's into MKI rhino's with the kit. They want people to buy the stupidly expensive Demios Rhinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The problem with the treads is just that they are so obvious and they certainly don't have to look that way. The Thunderhawk not being able to fly is forgivable. Space Marines having to very awkwardly reload is forgettable. But the treads on this tank are the same as a car with no tires. We are cool with motorcycles flying and bugs growing to the size of houses, but a tank using treads that doesn't have any actual treads is just too close to the line.
    Apparently you have no idea how tank treads work. They don't have to have any sort of recesses or spikes to make them work. Go check out the standard treads for the M5A1 Stuart. See any recesses or spikes on the treads? No? The tank tread mechanism is there to provide the traction for the wheels that run over the top. This allows them to traverse rough terrain since the treads keep the wheel surface roughly flat and smooth. Going uphill is no different as the weight of the tank is what would keep it from slipping. If you think that little 1" spikes or recesses would keep the tank from slipping then I urge you to check out the mechanics behind a tread assembly, the purpose of said assembly, and the basic physics involved.

As others have said, it's a sci-fi game. The fact that you are willing to allow for the existence of malicious aliens, laser weapons, travel through another dimension (the warp), and other such things but for some reason a lack of unnecessary recesses/spikes on a fictional tank's treads is too much for you is baffling. To each his own, I suppose.

Back on topic now though. I like the aesthetic of the Fellblade, but to me it's just another large tank. Since my gaming group doesn't do many large games, I'll pass. The table is beautiful though. If I had the cash on hand then I'd pick up 6 tiles in a heart beat. Maybe after I get my bonus in January.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast