BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Talking Denied's battle report, A.K.A. how craniumdamage750 got his face smashed like a chump

Hey guy's today Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Rosevile, MN held a free Dust Warfare tournament in preparation for the World Championship event next weekend. Since both myself and craniumdamage750 live in the area and know each other we made sure to attend and got the chance to play each other. What follows is my pure German battle report as I crushed craniumdamage750's filthy Allied forces!

My list(thank you Dust Warfare Force Builder [url]http://builder.dust-war.com/[/url] ) :
    Dust Warfare - Force Builder
    Faction: Axis ( 299 / 300 )

--- Heroes
    Markus (24)
    Angela (30)

--- Sturmgrenadiere Platoon (171)
    Command Section: Kommandotrupp (25)
    1st Section: Heavy Flak Grenadiers (26)
    2nd Section: Axis Gorillas (24)
    3rd Section: Recon Grenadiers (17)
    Support: MPW III-A "Wotan" [Upgrade] (Zv) (55)
    Support: Sniper Grenadier Team (12)

--- Sturmgrenadiere Platoon (74)
    Command Section: Kommandotrupp (25)
    1st Section: Battle Grenadiers (17)
    Support: LPW I-A "Heinrich" (20)

The filthy Allies list!:
    Dust Warfare - Force Builder
    Faction: Allies ( 300 / 300 )

--- Combat Platoon (150)
    Command Section: "The Boss" Ranger Command Squad (25)
    1st Section: "Grim Reapers" Heavy Ranger Attack Squad (30)
    2nd Section: "The Gunners" Combat Ranger Squad [Upgrade] (20)
    3rd Section: "The Gunners" Combat Ranger Squad [Upgrade] (20)
    Support: LAW M1-A "Wildfire" (20)
    Support: MCW M3-D "Cobra" (Zv) (35)

--- Combat Platoon (150)
    Command Section: "The Boss" Ranger Command Squad (25)
    1st Section: "Grim Reapers" Heavy Ranger Attack Squad (30)
    2nd Section: "The Gunners" Combat Ranger Squad [Upgrade] (20)
    3rd Section: "The Gunners" Combat Ranger Squad [Upgrade] (20)
    Support: LAW M1-A "Wildfire" (20)
    Support: MCW M3-D "Cobra" (Zv) (35)

The Mission:
    We used the Dust Tournament Battle Builder found on the FFG website for Warfare. craniumdamage750 got to place the first point and he put it into conditions moving out of Limited Visibility. Knowing that craniumdamage750's Cobras work best in a Fubar deployment I hoped I could bait him into pushing to it if I placed a point in deployment to bring it into Force Collision. Like the foolish Allied player he is, he fell for my clever trap. I placed my last point into deployment bringing us into Close Engagement which is where my Gorillas and Sniper do their best. This left us with nothing in Objectives so it was Key Positions.

The Board:
    Using the terrain placement rules we filled 1/4 of the table with terrain and then took turns placing pieces on the board tell we ran out of terrain. Being the jerks we both are having not rolled for sides yet we both tried to screw each other over by placing all the good terrain in the table corners and edges. What follows is the board creating you get when two dicks play each other.

As you can see we really are jerks. Notice the two biggest pieces of area terrain and cover are hiding nicely in the table corners and just the sparsest amount is left for our units

Next was deployment and table sides I believe craniumdamage750 won the roll and began the deployment ( additionally this was when we chose our secret objectives). I chose the crater and the ruined building in my deployment zone for my "secret key positions" and craniumdamage750 chose the big ruin in the corner and tank traps in his deployment zone.

Our deployed forces looked a little like this:
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

I think our "secret locations" were not very secret after our deployment. Angela and her sniper squad were in the crater with another sniper squad. She is so good at taking out tanks.

Turn 1:
    Rolling for orders and initiative I rolled 11 dice and craniumdamage750 rolled 12. I won initiative by getting a whole 1 hit >_< I forget how many the filthy Allies got... it didn't save them from the inevitable.

My first order was to activate Angela's unit and split firer. Angela shot at the Cobra in front of her and and the sniper shot at the Grim Reappers in front of him.... he failed Angela rawked! I got 3 wounds and when I rolled on the vehicle damage chart I set that Cobra on firer! Burn Baby Burn!
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

My other activation was fro my snipers in the building they shot at the other set of Grim Reappears and killed one!

craniumdamage750 order phase was a bit lack luster he attempted 2 Long Toms on Angela's Sniper unit and one of my other Sniper units next to them. Unfortunately he did not succeed in wounding either, although he did at least put out some good suppression.
    Next he shot his none burning Cobra at my Heavy Flak Grenadiers and was able to kill one sucker.

Then came my actual activation phase... and things got REALLY bloody quick for the Allies.
    Angel finished off the Cobra she started wrecking. My Wotan sustained firer on the nearest Wildfire... that ended poorly for the Wildfire.

I then used all my units in the wrecked building in my deployment zone to get suppression on everything hiding in the Tank Traps terrain before I sent Markus and the Gorillas in to eat up units faces. They succeeded in getting right in front of the front gunner squad and tore them limb from limb. I put out a few solid wounds on the units in the giant wrecked building with my Heinrich as well. With what was left craniumdamage750 attempted to put some wounds on the units I had in the crater, but was unable to wipe any of them out completely. The beautiful moment was when he activated his second Gunners unit in front of Marksu and the Gorillas ... The Gorillas reacted to that ... and well .... see for your selves what was left:

Turn 2:

It didn't improve much for craniumdamage750 in turn 2 although he did get to go first this time, there was how do you say ... a lot less on the board at this point. He shot a lot at Markus with his Cobra, Boss unit by the Cobra and the Boss unit hiding behind a wall. He dropped a few more Long Toms and missed with a bit more of them. (honestly at this point it was clear the dice Gods had blessed the Third Reich this day!). In my order phase I was able to put some more wounds on the second cobra and clean up the Grim Reapers in front of Markus as well as lay some hurt on the Grim Reapers next to the Wildfire. Then in the activation phase some more shots went into Markus and the Gorillas, this lead to Markus taking a single wound ... and the rest of the shooting was fairly ineffectual. With my Activation phase I was able to clean up the Cobra, the Grim Reapers, the last Wildfire and well just look what was left.

Turn 3:
    This ended up being our last turn as by the end of the activation phase I had tabled craniumdamage750. I got full Match Points (10) and I got full Break Points (300) for the game. craniumdamage750 was incapable of eliminating any of my units so he only got 3 Match Points and 0 Break Points.

Of course being the ******* I am I couldn't help but taking a photo with my defeated opponent! (I'm the one with the medals :-P)

I hope you all enjoyed this edition of Denied Crushes Craniumdamage7501
    Last edited by Denied; 11-03-2012 at 10:45 PM.

It was obviously not my day to roll the dice. I did have a close first game and lost because I didn't put out a fire on my cobra and ended up giving him the win by one SP. In Game 2 I was on my way to victory when an air dropped fireball caused my dice to go and hide. 3 gunner squads w/2 m-9's in each and a cobra in sustaining fire range and I fail to damage it does not spell victory. And Game 3 was a huge let down. It was the worst game of Dust I have ever played. Denied ended up winning the tournament.

Oh man its no fun if you don't spout vile insults back at me. Seriously though it was a bad day for you dice and mine were hot that game. Honestly could have been better had either of our dice rolled statistically average.

"In Game 2 I was on my way to victory when an air dropped fireball caused my dice to go and hide. 3 gunner squads w/2 m-9's in each and a cobra in sustaining fire range and I fail to damage it does not spell victory."

Dudebro, do u even lift?

You didn't overcharge your cobra, you reacted to the fireball nuking it. Then 4 bazooka shots aint got 'nuthin on a type 7 in cover. Your dice were fine.

Hey Scrap Square how did your air dropping fireball work in our game? Whats that a sustained Wotan and Gorillas ripped it apart :-P Delicious Vehicle 7 juicy bits spilled out and then got shot to death :-P Cant wait to play you again at worlds!