BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 70 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I reject thoroughly the notion that just because all the codexes so far have had rules written a certain way means that all future ones will have the same rules. If all the armies are going to have the same mechanics, same rules, same stat lines and only really differ in looks on the table then I might as well play chess.
    It doesn't necessarily mean it will, but it is the trend and it is not unreasonable to think that it is more likely to have a random power chart than a pick your powers slot. Sure for the eldar it would make sense in the fluff, but the rules go against the fluff with armies all the time for the sake of balance. So mix that with the trend already happening here, and it leads to a very convincing, but not certain, argument.

Also, just because the psychic powers follow a trend doesn't mean "all armies have the same mechanics", it is far more complex than that and you know it. There is no need to be hyperbolic here, especially with rumours.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    a) Because the aesthetic of each aspect is too different to join two in a single box without destroying said aesthetic which is one of the defining features of the army
    b) Jes Goodwin created eldar, loves eldar and is head of the plastics department, why would he butcher his own creation
    c) The usual allowance of plastic kits is already filled by what Hastings said is coming and he is more reliable.
    d) We still see plastic single-unit kits (Pathfinders)

/concise
    a)
    Aesthetically speaking, this does not seem too hard, given the quality of plastic kits today. Use the same base bodies, with differentiating heads, weapons, special wargear and decorative elements. For all aspects, a simple separate chest plate would go a long way to sealing the deal. To wit:

Banshees + Hawks: both have slim, dynamically posed bodies. Chest plate, for the boys a hawk symbol, for the girls, bewbs.
    Scorpions + Spiders: Scorps have crouching, stalking stances and slightly thicker armour. Spiders could easily fit that, a la the one from DoWII intro. Chest plate has a scorpion or spider symbol.
    Reapers + Dragons: both have heavier armour and require firing stances. Reapers now have cone-like legs, but if the models had anatomical legs the Reapers could be given leg brances, like Maugan Ra.
    b)
    If he is head of plastics, surely he is best placed to shepherd the process and protect the aesthetic.
    c)
    2nd or 3rd waves for the most out of date model range in 40K?
    d)
    argument from coincidence

a) It is possible we will see generic base with overlays, similar to the horses from the Vampire Counts Hrxwraith/Black Knight kit. So you could have basic Swooping Hawk legs being quite thin and Avian then have extra Banshee bits which go over the top, preserving both individual aesthetics. Or something along those lines.
    b) That's my point. I doubt we will see a solution which damages the eldar aesthetic.
    c) Maybe, but pure speculation. The release schedule has increased in pace and we haven't had a wave release since the WoC late last year I think.
    d) No, argument from consistent precedent. Every release since we started seeing dual kits has included single kits. If dual kits were so much more commercially viable this would not be the case.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So, plastic wraithguard with new weapons options? I knew it would happen ("D-cannons only" dident make sense anyway)!!

Mabye now i can finally build a viable iyanden/wraith army. <3

- and my wraithseer will get to see some action!
    Last edited by Andersp90; 05-10-2013 at 04:50 AM.

x 2 I guess.
    Last edited by Andersp90; 05-10-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Chapter-Master

Wriath armies will be fun.

Wraithseer and Farseer
    Wraithguard Units (already have 11)
    Wraithlords (already have 7)
    And the "uber Wraith"...will be buying 2....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    And the "uber Wraith"...will be buying 2....
    IF it's real.

Some claim that it's a mini titan with a female driver.

I like both ideas!
    Last edited by Andersp90; 05-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.

I'd prefer some kind of giant war-walker/mini-titan to another wraith construct personally, but I'm fairly sure Hastings said it was a giant wraith construct so that's what it almost certainly is.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Theres going to be some big model

And i'll be buying 2. Cos I can :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hastings
    Do you have a link? I diden't know that he had commented on the matter.