BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 46 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    But What Does the Banshee Shout? would be a rad crime drama set on a craftworld. Make it happen Black Library.
    I can picture it right now. All noire, so it's probably on Ulthwe But yeah with some hotshot/young gun Eldar warlock and being accompanied by a wraithguard, trying to solve the mystery before events escalate beyond control.

I hope BL does, bfmusashi, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Ignore night fight as a army special rule.

Done.
    Flavoury, but given Eldar aren't especially noted for range, perhaps not really the boost they deserve? I mean, compare to Self Repair, Pain Tokens, Supporting Fire, ATSKNF, Guard ORders etc?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

An Eldar army really needs some way to ignore nightfighting.

An interesting thought arising out of the Tau Codex, will the Eldar also get a range increase to 18in on fusion guns, if so does the firepike become 24in range?

Intercept as a psychic power would certainly be fluffy, I recall it is used in path of the Seer to foil an ambush within a battle.

Intercept.....Warlock or Farseer power?

I'd say Warlock meself, because it's such an obvious 'auto-on' power that it would reduce the flexibility of a Farseer overall.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Also, hows about giving Aspect Warriors some skills flat out, rather than needing an Exarch.
    Yeah, I've been away from the hobby quite a while, not played many games of 6th Ed so I may be wrong on this but some units seems to be pretty sucky yet with a kick-*** Exarch. The rest of the aspect warriors are more of an Exarch delivery system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    An Eldar army really needs some way to ignore nightfighting.

An interesting thought arising out of the Tau Codex, will the Eldar also get a range increase to 18in on fusion guns, if so does the firepike become 24in range?

Intercept as a psychic power would certainly be fluffy, I recall it is used in path of the Seer to foil an ambush within a battle.
    Of all the big problems with eldar, I would rate nightfight being very low on that list.

There's general offensive ability - which is really just 4th edition balancing

There's price vs durability, which limits possible builds

There's over-reliance on single units and single models (which is, again, more edition creep than anything else, but must be fixed)

There's a lot of things wrong with the codex, mostly caused by age. Inability to nullify nightfight - I don't see this as one of the problems.

As far as i'm concerned, since DtW is basically a psychic defense, simply making nearly every freaking infantry unit in the codex a ML1+ psyker would go a long way towards making the eldar unique. Buff Ld, and make RoW primary detachment only, and you have an army which acts differently than all the rest.

Even if every eldar isn't an active psyker, at the very least, warlocks should be ML1.
    Last edited by Gwyidion; 05-03-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyidion View Post
    Of all the big problems with eldar, I would rate nightfight being very low on that list.

I wouldn't class it is as a major issue, but i play a lot of Tau and it gets irritating that they get cheap black sun filters to ignore nightfighting and there is nothing i can do as Eldar but live with it and try and keep out of LOS the first turn.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Ignore night fight as a army special rule.
    From a background perspective, this is a rule that should apply to damn near every army in the game. 'Nightfighting' isn't really something to take into consideration when you're dealing with a universe of warriors in HUD-equipped armor and monster predators who can see in the dark.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    From a background perspective, this is a rule that should apply to damn near every army in the game. 'Nightfighting' isn't really something to take into consideration when you're dealing with a universe of warriors in HUD-equipped armor and monster predators who can see in the dark.
    Kind of miss the autosenses gear. Made the difference between better equipped armies (Space Marines and Eldar) and the mass production armies (Imperial Guard and Orks). I'd be surprised if there wasn't a biomorph in the next 'nid book for it.

Maybe army wide Eldar nullify Psychic powers on 5+ instead of 6. Fleet will probably be army wide as oppose to only certain units like now.