BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 132 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2994

Quote Originally Posted by Mkvenner View Post
    Ahh. That's a mixed bag for me. As much as I wanted him to be an HQ I wanted to run a Spiritseer and Farseer. This most likely means he is along the lines of Telion, a single wound character.

While not horrible, I was hoping to have a badass character who only shoots.
    My problem with Illic is for a "stealthy" character the model is massive. In the pic with him and the other rangers he towers over the other models while perched on his stone and the gun sticks way out. It may be just the paint job but if he had a couple more spikes he would look more like a Dark Eldar than craftworlder (yes I know he is an "outcast"). If he's expensive points-wise or has lackluster rules I'll pass.

The real mystery for me is the Wave Serpent. If they don't give it assault rules then all these improved aspects and CC option wraithguard units will have to footslog it across the table which in the current shooting meta is not a realistic expectation even with the new move-shoot-run ability (and I'm assuming Fleet).

I seriously doubt that they will make the Falcon a DT as that would be broken and you would never see another wave serpent again...MSU falcomechdar would be everywhere.

Those people with the WD batrep have anything to say about what the Wave Serpent did in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sacco View Post
    Am I the only who would love an all Wraith list?
    As far as I can tell, that's all anyone has been talking about since the Wraithknight rumors began.

Also, depending on how the entry reads, those Wraithblades might also be troops.

Quote Originally Posted by D6Damager View Post
    Those people with the WD batrep have anything to say about what the Wave Serpent did in the game?
    Only thing I've seen mentioned (by Kirby I believe) that it has an offensive weapon called the 'Serpent Field'.

I just hope they don't focus on wraith to the exclusion of all the other units. They do seem to be putting an emphasis on them but that might just be the state of the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sacco View Post
    Am I the only who would love an allWraith-list?

HQ
    Spiritseer

Elites
    Wraithblades

Troops
    Wraithguard

Heavy Support
    Wraithkingt
    Wraithlord
    Yep! I can't wait.

My problem with Illic is for a "stealthy" character the model is massive. In the pic with him and the other rangers he towers over the other models while perched on his stone and the gun sticks way out. It may be just the paint job but if he had a couple more spikes he would look more like a Dark Eldar than craftworlder (yes I know he is an "outcast"). If he's expensive points-wise or has lackluster rules I'll pass.
    I agree, but he will most likely still make it to my collection. He is dynamite!
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I just hope they don't focus on wraith to the exclusion of all the other units. They do seem to be putting an emphasis on them but that might just be the state of the rumors.
    Echo.

While the accompanying Iyanden supplement is clearly a major driver behind the content of this release, I hope it is a signal that more supplements will come and not a signal that GW just wants our money and knows we'll buy the shiny new models if we have the shiny new rules to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I'm with you on this. I have never used Wraith as I feel that they are a weapon of last resort, so unless you play Iyanden or similar homegrown craftworld it doesn't seem right.

I hope the speculation is right and Codex Iyanden will be followed by Codices: Ulthwe, Sam Hain, Biel-Tan and Alaitoc, with the appropriate releases and special rules, even if limited to FOC shenanigans. I also do not want to be forced to buy 2 codices to play my favourite craftworld.

From what has been leaked to date I think we are going to stay in the tradition of 6ed releases so far and get multiple viable builds.

Having said that those new Wraithguard do look very tempting.

Veteran-Sergeant

I seriously doubt that they will make the Falcon a DT as that would be broken and you would never see another wave serpent again...MSU falcomechdar would be everywhere.
    Wait...what? lol. The Forgeworld Eldar Corsair list has had BS 4 Falcons as transports for ages and most people consider that one of the weakest lists of all time. I think you greatly over-estimate the power of the Falcon. I think the opposite of you do, I think its essential that it moves to be a dedicated transport for at the very least aspects otherwise you will literally never see one on the table. With the Wraithknight and Wraithlord both being HS, plus all the other options assuming that War Walkers stay in that slot its beyond overloaded, so who is going to take a super lack luster kind of battle tank kind of transport?

Serpents and Falcons as a dedicated transport also serve totally different functions. One carries 6 models, the other 12, so that right there is a massive difference, especially when you are talking about T3 troops. Then you throw in the Serpents powerfield (at least how it is now) and I would argue that one would take the Serpent almost every time.

I have 5 major hopes for this codex:

1) Guardians are significantly better because as it stands right now they are hands down the worst troop choice for any army in the game. Biggest thing is 18" catapults (please god aka Sir Phil of Kelly!!!)
    2) New Jetbikes (obviously this isnt going to happen)
    3) Falcons moving to dedicated transports
    4) War Walkers move to fast attack
    5) Wave Serpents get assault ramps

This list comes from the fact that I have always played a super fluffy Ulthwe Army (all guardian powered with Warlocks in all squads with the only aspects are Dire Avengers being "cound as" Black Guardians and Dark Reapers) and I really want to be able to play it again and actually have fun as I currently consider quitting 40k permanently every time I use them with the 4th ed codex lol!

Happy to see eldar getting some love - although I'm still not a fan of these new large units (stuck to crisis teams over the riptide).

If I didn't have a FW heavy tau army to build, I'd be building some kind of wraith contruct/bike army for sure