BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 193 of 300 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2994

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Problem is everyones saying "Give them a conceal Warlock" or "a guide farseer" or "precognition".

These are all random physic powers. You're basing a unit on the hope you get that 1 in 6 roll
    The thing is 'Conceal/Reveal', 'Guide' and 'Prescience' are all Primaris powers for their respective decks (Runes of Battle, Runes of Fate and Divination respectively). So you can always pick them up if you choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Depends what heavy weapon choices the unit has really. Can warlocks get access to the power that lets you Overwatch on full BS? That would be devastating to most assault units with 2 S5 not-Rending shots per model.
    Ok true that would be nasty to assault but that unit to me would be all its good for is to Sit on the odjective and in a game with Multiple objectives yeah all day but the one with just the 2 I doubt they could hold what would be trying to take. Unless they could take a heavy weapon or two Kinda like the Eldar Pirates from forgeworld.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, it's not really a stretch to think the average trained Guardian with targeting systems in a vehicle could have BS4.
    There are two main reasons why I still think that guardians will be BS4 if their vehicles are. The main one is there isn't a single codex in play right now that have different BS between the troops manning the vehicles and the ones on the ground. Armies like Tau can buy upgrades but the stock vehicle are their normal BS. The second is that the Vyper just has Shuriken Cannon and Twin Linked Catapults listed, no other equipment listed. The Fire Prism which was the only BS 4 vehicle in the last edition either had equipment listed or it was mentioned in the entry that it had a targeting system (dont have the codex in front of me).

My #1 hope for this book was 18" catapults. Now that has been shown not to have happened I pray that Guardians are BS 4. If they are then I think they will be a fantastic choice and Ulthwe will see the field once again!

Another typo made "Shard of Anabus" from "Shard of Anaris"...

Ordered flyer box, Wraithguards, codex and cards. Second wave of reinforcements - next month...

I will be disappointed if Shuricats stay 12". However, there have been images of Guardians with Heavy Support platforms. If they become available in troops, their Shuricats become mainly personal defense weapons - a secondary consideration.

So I'm holding out hope. now... WHERE are my european-early-release leaked photos!?!??!

please?

I know maybe im just more focused on this, but wasnt there tau codex leaks around this point last release? It seemed like the past few days have had no new info were in the calm before the warp storm.

Scout

Tau tanks are BS4 and their troops are BS3. The best shots get the biggest guns.

Within 12 inches guardians are amazing. 40 shots will kill 6-7 of anything on rends alone. Even in assault at I4 going with marines 20 swings is nothing to sneeze at.

Storm guardians will get 60 on the charge. Yeah, a dedicated assault unit will walk through them, but that's still going to leave a mark.

For 9 points a model it's not worth it. For 9 they had better get WS/BS4, but for 6? You can't ask for much more then that.

Scout

[url]http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2013/05/27/rumor-it-eldar-rules-stuff/[/url]

Warp spiders

Quote Originally Posted by AttemptedM View Post
    Within 12 inches guardians are amazing. 40 shots will kill 6-7 of anything on rends alone. Even in assault at I4 going with marines 20 swings is nothing to sneeze at.

Wow! All of your guardians hit when they use their weapon? I'd love that they teach mine how to do that! Cause mine only hit 1/2 shots most of the time, with their BS 3!

Chapter-Master

40 shots will kill 6-7 of anything on rends alone.
    False. They will hit 20 times, and rend 3.33 times.

The rendlite is not that great.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire