BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

well

This is interesting:
    Both types will also have weapon options.
    This is fascinating, as a wraithwall player. I have to wonder what the weapon options for the ranged build will be. I hope to god they don't nerf my wraithcannon...

And this:
    spiritseer and a ranger
    And this. With the new wraithguard kit, the wraithknight, the spiritseer could easily be Iyanna. (thats speculation)

and this is strange:
    a new Eldar Avatar box
    They've now taken a metal model and finecast'd it into a blister pack. Why put it into a new box unless it is part of a new unit or is a resculpt?
    Last edited by Gwyidion; 05-10-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Chapter-Master

Seems like the "new tank" and "assault jump troops" are no bueno.

Sad - those are what I was most interested about.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Hmm what if the avatar is the new "giant" thing we have been hearing about?

Veteran-Sergeant

I am kind of bummed after reading the rumors. Phil Kelly is probably my favorite codex author but I was REALLY hoping for someone else to be writing this. Basically Eldar have been the exact same since 2nd ed when I started playing. Its the reason why the current book feels so incredibly tired as its just a small update of the 3rd ed codex, which is just a small update of the 2nd ed codex. The LAST thing I wanted was to see just a tidy up of the 4th ed codex and for this book to be a small update of that one. Like nerfs to psychic powers, very small or no point reductions to vehicles, 7pt guardians, ugh. I know this is early rumors and to take everything with a mega grain of salt so I am still holding out till I actually have the book in my hands.

Brother-Captain

I disagree. There have been drastic changes since the 2nd ed. codex. Wraithlords aren't vehicles, Warp Spiders aren't death made flesh, Exodites, Pirates, etc. There's some new unit nonsense too, but even the Guardians have changed (no more powerfists).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulio View Post
    I am kind of bummed after reading the rumors. Phil Kelly is probably my favorite codex author but I was REALLY hoping for someone else to be writing this. Basically Eldar have been the exact same since 2nd ed when I started playing. Its the reason why the current book feels so incredibly tired as its just a small update of the 3rd ed codex, which is just a small update of the 2nd ed codex. The LAST thing I wanted was to see just a tidy up of the 4th ed codex and for this book to be a small update of that one. Like nerfs to psychic powers, very small or no point reductions to vehicles, 7pt guardians, ugh. I know this is early rumors and to take everything with a mega grain of salt so I am still holding out till I actually have the book in my hands.
    I wouldn't worry just yet, we don't know for sure who has written it and we have next to know rules rumours. Just something about a big gun.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I disagree. There have been drastic changes since the 2nd ed. codex. Wraithlords aren't vehicles, Warp Spiders aren't death made flesh, Exodites, Pirates, etc. There's some new unit nonsense too, but even the Guardians have changed (no more powerfists).
    Yeah, I agree. There were also major changes from 3rd to 4th edition in the Eldar codexes. Force org changes, new weapons, major changes to the War Walkers. At the time that the 4th edition codex came out, it was a great codex. The only thing that hurt the 4th edition codex was that it was probably the last codex that was written with the 4th edition core rulebook in mind.

I'm willing to give Phil Kelly the benefit of a doubt. I just hope there aren't a lot more rumors about negative changes to the army. I have so much time and money put into this army and it can be very worrying when you are hearing negative rumors. I just want to be able to use some of the other parts of my army without thinking "If my opponent brings a friendly game list, this unit might get to accomplish something besides just dying".

Just so tired of getting kicked in the teeth every time I play a game with my eldar. I have one army list for them that does ok. Every other list just dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    I just want to be able to use some of the other parts of my army without thinking "If my opponent brings a friendly game list, this unit might get to accomplish something besides just dying".

Just so tired of getting kicked in the teeth every time I play a game with my eldar. I have one army list for them that does ok. Every other list just dies.

So much this.

I basically only play semi-competitive (trying to win, but not being a dick), and it really, really, really sucks, that for 1.5 editions, when i thumb through the eldar codex, I can ignore 2/3 of the unit entries.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, for all the love Phil Kelly gets, his codices (except for maybe DE) all tend to have units that are obviously better than others, sometimes to the point of having one or two obvious power builds while the rest of the army is relatively bad. He's gotten better, but Eldar suffered this exact problem.

Edit: and for all the crap someone like Ward gets, his rules have very good internal balance. You can take pretty much any unit in a competitive list without too much effort in the Grey Knight codex, for example, and even if people complained about how powerful they were in 5th, 6th has done a very good job of balancing them out relative to most other armies.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 05-10-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I wouldn't lose hope..

The big wraithlord thing is apparently officially called the "Wraithknight"

Seems very Ward-ish to me!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire