BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 179 of 300 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2994
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by deaddice View Post
    Was reading the new white dwarf and the codex blurb talks about more attention for aspect warriors and phoenix lords then " , to name just two " .

I know this is wild wish listing / conjecture on my part however my hope is this hints to two new phoenix lords for the two aspects who don't have any.
    one for Shininh Spears was rumored, including a name I think... but somehow for me a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord seems odd, by their very nature... the chances of him/her "surviving" without getting lost in the Warp are rather slim, and I'm sure noone wants another Draigoesque story...

Veteran-Sergeant

From the Release Video you can make out that Destructor and Enhance are Warp Charge 1 power each and seem to be substantially the same (Destructor gains soul blaze and Enhance has a hex alternative). As an Ulthwé player, I am very curious to see how Warlocks will work now.

On the one hand, no longer being able to choose powers, having to take a psychic test and possibly fail (or worse die), and being subject to deny the witch, seems terrible. On the other, I think that there is a good chance that new rules will compensate just fine. The WD implies that the Seer Council makes farseers more powerful, which suggests that they will have the brotherhood psycher rule (maybe with the exception that they can use the farseer's leadership), and by rights should have a similar rule to Horrors, giving more warp charges depending on the number in the council. Then again, as much as the comparison pains me, Warlocks may work similarly to Heralds, with set numbers per HQ slot that can be distributed in much the same manner as the old Council (and just be regular Mastery 1 Psychers).

In order to keep in line with how the warlocks powers currently work, it should really be 1 charge per warlock. But the fact that the powers are slightly better now suggest it will most probably end up being 1 for every three. Not being able to spam destructor will hopefully be balanced with the 4-5 brand new powers they will be getting (not sure if embolden is still there, though I don't see why not).

As for farseers, in the battle report he failed to cast one power out of three. This either means very bad luck, or we lost runes of witnessing, although I think this balances with being able to cast more than he is now (still no female...anything really...). It also seemed awfully convenient that the player just so happened to roll Fortune, Guide and Doom, so I have a strong suspicions that they just decided to give the Farseer those powers just to asuage the fear that they would be gone, or completely different.

Still, I am holding out hope that Farseers may be able to choose eldar powers and only be forced to roll if selecting Divination or Telepathy (or continue to be either/or), though I admit this seems a bit over the top. In the Ipad preview there is an "artifact" item called Anath'lan's soul stone that only one Farseer/Spiritseer in the army can replace one of his weapons for, at a cost of 15 points. Being able to choose powers for a mere 15pts seems unlikely, so my thought is that it will probably work like current runes of witnessing, or perhaps make the bearer immune to perils, which while nice, is not terribly over-powered.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

the chances of him/her "surviving" without getting lost in the Warp are rather slim, and I'm sure noone wants another Draigoesque story...
    Maugan Ra has done this.

Ive heard the soul stone item just reduces the warp charge rating of a power by one, at the cost of not being able to take your inv saves... sounds kinda crappy. :/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Ive heard the soul stone item just reduces the warp charge rating of a power by one, at the cost of not being able to take your inv saves... sounds kinda crappy. :/
    yeah... that was my first thought as well, mainly due to lack of expensive powers, which might change with the 'dex, but still... anyone got an idea how to break this thing?

It might be worth it if your making telepath seer, best case you could end up using Invisibility, Halucinations and psychic shriek in the same turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Indeed it does. Appears to be a one per army affair.

And to be honest, if you sit in cover when using it, you may not need your invulnerable save!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Indeed it does. Appears to be a one per army affair.

And to be honest, if you sit in cover when using it, you may not need your invulnerable save!
    yeah true... but: with randomly rolling for powers, there is a good chance you just spent *unknown amount of* points on something utterly without the slightest hint of a use because you got powers that cost 1 warp charge... and I would be rather surprised if the Runes of Fate contained more than maybe two warp charge 2 powers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eldar points costs.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	4123

No longer unknown costs. Now dose anyone have a comprehensive list of what each does?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Lithium View Post

Name:	eldar points costs.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	4123

No longer unknown costs. Now dose anyone have a comprehensive list of what each does?
    Where did you come across this page?

Name:	crusadecloseup21.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	4124
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."